Should I revise from VSG to RNY or DS?

CJ7Coy are you a Jeeper??? I have no problem committing to the vites that go along with DS. I've had a phone consult with Dr. Greenbaum in NJ. I also have a consult with a local surgeon here in Baltimore on 9/21 to see if I have any options other than DS and RNY. Mini gastric bypass is a possibility. I would keep my sleeve and then have the intestinal bypass portion. Once I hear what the local doc says I'll decide if I want to move forward with DS in NJ with Dr. Greenbaum. That will involve me enrolling in my corporate health insurance that wouldn't be effective until January, but I can do presurgery testing on my current insurance prior to then. I've had open abdominal surgery last year to remove my spleen after a motorcycle accident. That was pretty easy. My broken back, not so much! LOL My current BMI is 38.

I would not except a mini bypass, a distal, or a regular one. I wouldn't except one knowing I have a more likely than not chance to need a revision within 7 years

That part is similar to Medicare coverage. As long as you meet the criteria, you are covered. But they don't issue pre-authorizations.

Heather, if it were me, I would call them and ask them if they have a newer policy than 2011.
I have a friend who had the lapband and wants revision to DS. She said she was told by medicare that they will only pay for one procedure and won't cover the revision to DS. Anyone have experience with getting medicare to pay for a revision?

Latest posts

Back