Server changed

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
The company that hosts this site is making some changes. We have control panels for each domain hosted and for the whole thing.

Well, the control panels are going up in price. But they’ve given us an alternative control panel that will not change the price. It’s going to be upgraded sometime in the next month.

It might cause an outage but that’s unknown at this time. I did ask.

Liz

Spiky Bugger

Wanna talk money?

Is it a big ol’ price, or something that if ”the usual suspects” among us each chipped in a little, it would be a piece of cake?

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Wanna talk money?

Is it a big ol’ price, or something that if ”the usual suspects” among us each chipped in a little, it would be a piece of cake?
The cost of control panel is too extreme for a year, $20 a month times 12. Not when there is a solid alternative that doesn’t raise the price.
Kinda like buying Centrum equivalen for a multi rather than Centrum or designer Multis.

Adding more to the paypal account would help. I had enough to cover renewal of domains for this site for this year but I still have the server domain to cover.
Just chipping in will help. It’s not a huge amount. PayPal email is graphicsbyliz@gmail.com

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
For those who don’t have a PayPal account:
Does a customer need a PayPal account in order to pay me using PayPal Here?
No. You can accept many forms of payment with PayPal Here, including major debit and credit cards. You can also send electronic invoices and record cash and check payments.

Other option is to PM me for a mailing address.