Second thoughts?

Platti

Has anyone had second thoughts and/or cold feet prior to DS surgery?

it’s all getting very real very quickly and I’m very nervous.

Second thoughts are natural. Your focus should be on all the reasons you decided to pursue the surgery. If those reasons are still valid then stay the course. You have done your research and made the best choice for yourself.

Second thought. Third thought . Fourth thought. And so forth. Regrets in the immediate post-op period, such as "OMG, what have I done?"

This is a life altering surgery. In my case, it gave me my "old" healthy life back. If I was still alive 12 years later without getting the surgery, I would probably be wishing I wasn't. MsVee said it all.

I probably was one of the few with no regrets about getting the DS. In fact, I was so ready, if they hadn’t already started the night night juice, I would have danced to the OR.
Wow - you are braver than I, that's for sure. I have night-before jitters for every procedure!

Last edited:
I’m scheduled for surgery in less than 10 days and I’m scared sh*tless...

It will benefit me in the long run and I know why I am doing this. However, it’s still very scary and very nerve racking and, while I have no doubts about the surgery itself as I want to have it done 100%, I am just nervous about everything else.

does that make sense?

Congratulations! Yes, to nervous before surgery, but no to second thoughts. Read everything you can about nutrition and supplements, and how to read your lab results. The more you know the more prepared you will be.

Do you live near Dr. K's office/hospital or are you traveling?

Has anyone had second thoughts and/or cold feet prior to DS surgery?

it’s all getting very real very quickly and I’m very nervous.

OMG!!! Please DO NOT THINK about it if it makes you question whether or not to proceed forward! Be like Nike!! “Just do it!” You will be sooooo thankful you pushed through your nerves and made the choice to thrive and be healthy and everything you are hoping should come from this procedure. You need to be in a positive mindset to make positive strides even when hiccups happen. They happen. And they happen. BUT, good thing is...You get through them. And then you look back at them, and wonder how did you think they would stop you, even though at the time of them, they were your biggest road block. You get through them. You will do AWESOME! Eyes forward!

Latest posts

Back