Saying Hello

srober20

Hey, Im going through the process now to have the duodenal surgery. My doctor recommended this surgery because i have quite a bit of weight to lose. I have my last weigh in the beginning of June. Really anxious about this surgery vs the gastric sleeve. Really needing to talk to real people who's gone through it or getting ready to.
Sonia

Start reading - there are a LOT of DSers here, many of us many years out (almost 12 for me). You are VERY fortunate that your doctor knows about the DS and recommended it for you - most people don't find out about this wonderful option before it's too late.

Hi Sonia,

I am a newbie. I had my surgery just over a month ago. I will be glad to help in any that I can, though. You will find lots of good information and nice people here to help you on your journey.
Just to let you know, I went to the surgeon wanting the sleeve, but the surgeon had a talk with me and showed me why the DS would be better for me, so I know what you are going though.
Best wishes and don't hesitate to ask questions here. There is a lot of good information.

Welcome! Look at my stats below and check out my before and after at 21 months post-op...

Notice that I'm the same size, or smaller than, all the other bridesmaids. For the first time in my life I'm NORMAL. There is nothing that can compare to that feeling after a lifetime of being "the big girl".
754fb1f24ec2620573008a45f6cc7f6b_zps0s24rp8n.jpg

Hey, Im going through the process now to have the duodenal surgery. My doctor recommended this surgery because i have quite a bit of weight to lose. I have my last weigh in the beginning of June. Really anxious about this surgery vs the gastric sleeve. Really needing to talk to real people who's gone through it or getting ready to.
Sonia

Welcome aboard srober20! I had my DS 1 yr and 2 weeks ago. I've lost 214lbs since then and have the vital signs (blood pressure, pulse,respirations) of a teenage track star. A work of advice for you if I might be so bold: Tell us all about you and your situation. Please don't be shy, even though I realize we are all strangers on the internet, it helps when you are open and honest to get the info you need. Literally NOTHING is off limits as long as people are respectful of each other. What is your height/weight? Do you have health issues...such as hypertension, diabetes, sleep apnea , etc. ? What is your personal life like? Do you have people in your life who can help you after your surgery? I know these seem like personal questions...but they are all VERY relevant as you make your decisions going forward. You will find this website invaluable as a learning tool for all things related to bariatric surgery, and this is especially true regarding the DS. This site blows ALL others out of the water when it comes to knowledge sharing by seasoned vets who have gone through everything you're about to go through. We are a small but growing band here and most of us are dedicated to the idea of extending a hand to those scared, confused, but very brave souls who have decided to quit whining about their morbid obesity and do something about it. Congratulations on your decision to take action to claim your life back! That sets you apart from the other 87% of the obese world who choose the same failed paths that have let them down repeatedly. Welcome aboard!!
:welcomeboard:

Welcome! Look at my stats below and check out my before and after at 21 months post-op...

Notice that I'm the same size, or smaller than, all the other bridesmaids. For the first time in my life I'm NORMAL. There is nothing that can compare to that feeling after a lifetime of being "the big girl".
754fb1f24ec2620573008a45f6cc7f6b_zps0s24rp8n.jpg
Brooklyngirl you are such a wonderful example of someone who's had their success and could just walk away and enjoy it, but choose instead to help out others by sharing your story. There are so many like you here who are racking up karma points like a pinball wizard on a hot machine! Putting others needs ahead of your own is sooo out of fashion nowadays, that when I see it in action I can't help but smile. There are so many like you who do the same, but your post here just really caught my eye today. My wife and I think you are one cool chick!!
:s1gyahoo:

Welcome to the forums, I had my surgery a few days ago...So far no regrets, there are many wise people here who will tell you like it is, not how you think it should be...read, and educate yourself. I chose the BPD/DS for the most effective and permanent weight loss.

Latest posts

Back