Roo in surgery.

Roo.. let me start by saying you are one of my weight loss heroines 644 down to 275... Just whew..

Kudos

Is there anything you want at lower weight that you don't have now?

I'll give an example. My current waist is above 40".. I'd like to get it below 40" because that's the rough cut off for cardiac complications.. that means more loss..maybe I'll get there maybe I won't

350 lb me would bitch slap 204 lb me left and right, but you want what you want

I also wanted muscles, so I kayaked all summer 4 to 6 times a week . Got a decent set of upper arms and shoulders, but it looks like someone draped skin over them... Ah well, life always throws you a curve ball

So I read this when you posted it but I've been thinking hard and honestly about my answer.

My #1 problem is comparison. When someone who had a start weight of my current weight talks about how disgustingly huge they were, I cannot help but feel a stab in the heart. Also, DSers who assume I am just eating shit by the fistfuls....even DSers who were once supportive are now 'mean girls'.

It just sucks and I feel kinda left out of the DSer success party. I never made 'Overweight'....still obese and some medical professionals do not hesitate to bring it up. Yeah they mostly pipe down after I explain my weight loss but the expectation is there that I should lose MORE somehow. My body is NOT ALLOWING ME TO!

I just wanted to feel normal, to be normal.

I'm still sad my DS wasn't touched by Dr K and I remind him every time we speak. He tells me to tell the Drs giving me shit that they should just be taller if genetic change is so under our control. It makes me laugh, but still doesn't change facts: I will always be fat, obese fat. :(

FWIIW.. I'm on The cusp overweight/obese.. on the obese side.bmi~30-31
Last time I saw the dietician I said I wanted to loose 30 lbs and be high normal.

She replied "get real you'd be a bag of skin and bones". I work with a tough damn shop

OTOH. I feel fine. I'm in the south of France now, in the Pyrenees, taking hikes that gagged me two years ago

BTW.. to state the bloody obvious ( my hosts are Brits)there is a visual world of difference between 644 and 275 lbs, if that helps

Last edited:
My #1 problem is comparison. When someone who had a start weight of my current weight talks about how disgustingly huge they were, I cannot help but feel a stab in the heart.
I hope I’m not one to give you a stab. While I knew I was overweight, I did it to get off all my meds. If it hadn’t been for that, I probably would still be in the 200’s.

I hope I’m not one to give you a stab. While I knew I was overweight, I did it to get off all my meds. If it hadn’t been for that, I probably would still be in the 200’s.

Oh no, not at all. It is a certain type of lightweight. The type that posts their before and after pics with descriptors like 'huge, massive, fat, disgusting' and 'I can't believe I let myself go so far'...to 260lbs lol. Those SAME DSers cannot fathom how my body will not allow me to lose more and have advised me to eat 1300 calories a day 'If I'm serious about my goals' lol..they can fuck right the hell off.

It's not even most lightweights, it's a loud handful. Although if I blocked them all on FB I'd pretty much be posting in a void lol. I however, am better of mentally when I avoid the DSer FB groups. That's not right, but that's how it is. There is so much underhanded shaming. Like my post about my issues before I contacted Dr K....a lot had their opinions about what they assumed I was doing wrong and then when I corrected them they said 'well you didn't get to over 600lbs by eating right'. It's that type of shit. I am never able to feel proud of how far I have come because there is always some bitch judging as to why I didn't do better.

I cannot for the life of me find a single female DSer who started over 600...hell, even 550, that made it below 210. Anyone else know of anyone who made it further without malnutrition?

Yup, I'm upset at being judged at not being good enough to sit at the successful DSer table.

Oh no, not at all. It is a certain type of lightweight. The type that posts their before and after pics with descriptors like 'huge, massive, fat, disgusting' and 'I can't believe I let myself go so far'...to 260lbs lol. Those SAME DSers cannot fathom how my body will not allow me to lose more and have advised me to eat 1300 calories a day 'If I'm serious about my goals' lol..they can fuck right the hell off.

It's not even most lightweights, it's a loud handful. Although if I blocked them all on FB I'd pretty much be posting in a void lol. I however, am better of mentally when I avoid the DSer FB groups. That's not right, but that's how it is. There is so much underhanded shaming. Like my post about my issues before I contacted Dr K....a lot had their opinions about what they assumed I was doing wrong and then when I corrected them they said 'well you didn't get to over 600lbs by eating right'. It's that type of shit. I am never able to feel proud of how far I have come because there is always some bitch judging as to why I didn't do better.

I cannot for the life of me find a single female DSer who started over 600...hell, even 550, that made it below 210. Anyone else know of anyone who made it further without malnutrition?

Yup, I'm upset at being judged at not being good enough to sit at the successful DSer table.

Those kind of people don't like themselves period. I don't like those posts either nor do I like fat shaming. I don't think losing a bunch of weight isn't going to cause them to suddenly love themselves and it shows up in how they treat others. You have done a great job despite your tough beginnings with healing. Those who can't recognize it can go suck a fuzzy.

our whole society fat shames left and right - it's sick. a friend of mine shared how her mother had a heart attack at 79 years old and 2 days later one of her sisters was harassing her to "eat better and exercise" FFS. she is 79 and just had a heart attack, can you have some compassion?!

Roo, you are absolutely no doubt about it a success. NO QUESTION. please work on accepting that. :5grouphug:

god, I love the phrase "suck a fuzzy" - never heard it before and not sure I get it but I laughed out loud for sure!

Latest posts

Back