Roo in surgery.

So I have a secret lol...I managed TWO shopping trips lol. My post op was Wednesday and after the appointment we went to the outlet malls....very disappointing as my cheap cheap heart is married to the outlets on the Mexican border of Cali (haha, I said Cali!)...everything is in my price range lol. Then Thursday we went to the Glendale Galleria where I felt like a whale out of water. The mannequins there had wastes the size of my calf and the most popular size was EXTRA small lol. I've never seen anything like it in my life. They had a Torrid though, so I got a couple of cute things.

This morning I am down to 270...the very top of my comfy range. It's nice to have my body respond to the things I do again. Eat fat-poop! Eat protein-fill up super quick. None of that had been happening for the last year. My body didn't respond to jack shit.

I am a happy girl, resting and recovering :)

Thanks for all the well wishes. <3

Just had my follow up with Dr K. All is well. Although I'm still sad he couldn't fix or re-do my DS. He keeps telling me I have done great and 'need to get over myself' when I complain that I'm still fat. ugh. I know I KNOW, statistically I AM a success, but damn y'all, it's still a shitty feeling to be at other people's start weight....STILL....it makes me cry that I will never know anything but obesity and the prejudice it brings from other health providers.

Oh well. I'm healthy, that good and for once I didn't have pre-op complications...so yay!

Just had my follow up with Dr K. All is well. Although I'm still sad he couldn't fix or re-do my DS. He keeps telling me I have done great and 'need to get over myself' when I complain that I'm still fat. ugh. I know I KNOW, statistically I AM a success, but damn y'all, it's still a shitty feeling to be at other people's start weight....STILL....it makes me cry that I will never know anything but obesity and the prejudice it brings from other health providers.

Oh well. I'm healthy, that good and for once I didn't have pre-op complications...so yay!

Roo, You have come a long way and are beautiful just the way you are. Personally, I choose to stay on the fluffy side because I like having curves rather than empty skin and I am not going in for plastics anytime soon. Embrace your curves! I'm so glad you are healthy and complication-free.

Awww Roo I thought he did. I'm sorry he couldn't correct your DS. Did he say why? Better safe than sorry. I know that probably doesn't help. But if Dr K. Said cant do it there had to be a good reason because he enjoys a challenge.

So before I went down he explained his priority was my partial obstruction and redundant colon. He said he would check my DS if he could. Apparently there are 2 ways surgeons do a DS. One is through the mesenteric layer (the fatty stuff around the inside of the colon) or they do it where it goes over the colon. The one that goes over the colon is more complicated for some reason and guess which one I have lol. He couldn't even measure it, just made sure everything seemed 'ok'.

I cried. A lot. Many times. Why is nothing straight forward with me????

So yeah, nothing was changed about my DS. He did fix a hiatal hernia that he said was causing my oesophagus to act as a second stomach and I can attest to the fact that my restriction has gone back to what I had 6 months post VSG. I'm still on slushy/mushy food and my tummy can handle about a half a cup and I once again cannot gulp water without producing a human water fountain effect 20 seconds later.

Apparently, I am a statistical success, with no nutritional complications....this makes revision a tough decision for surgeons. So whilst I feel YUGE, compared to where I was, I should be 'proud', 'happy' etc. Maybe someday I will be, but right now I feel like a failure stuck in a situation not of my choosing.

I AM using this time on liquids (4 more weeks to go!) to get as much off as I can, however, I did get the 'you are over 40, started at nearly 650lbs, what do you want woman?' lecture from Dr K.

meh. I has a sad. However, at least I no longer have a hiatal hernia giving me acid reflux 24/7, I haven't puked up food in weeks and I no longer have a large intestine plotting my demise.

meh. I has a sad. However, at least I no longer have a hiatal hernia giving me acid reflux 24/7, I haven't puked up food in weeks and I no longer have a large intestine plotting my demise.
you get to be sad if that's how you feel. later, I hope and expect you will feel better.
but I am happy for you now since you are so much better. :)

you get to be sad if that's how you feel. later, I hope and expect you will feel better.
but I am happy for you now since you are so much better. :)

I think I have a severe case of 'I-will-never-be-good-enough-itis'. Looking back, 644lb me would bitch slap the current me. But still!!! stomps It's not faiiirrrrrr! ;)

Roo.. let me start by saying you are one of my weight loss heroines 644 down to 275... Just whew..

Kudos

Is there anything you want at lower weight that you don't have now?

I'll give an example. My current waist is above 40".. I'd like to get it below 40" because that's the rough cut off for cardiac complications.. that means more loss..maybe I'll get there maybe I won't

350 lb me would bitch slap 204 lb me left and right, but you want what you want

I also wanted muscles, so I kayaked all summer 4 to 6 times a week . Got a decent set of upper arms and shoulders, but it looks like someone draped skin over them... Ah well, life always throws you a curve ball

Can someone better versed in surgery than me explain this?

I get the DS was not modified, but, in simpler English, what else happened?
She had issues with her large colon. In particular, the part just up from the anus. Diverticulitis means that there are pouches in the large colon that got food trapped and inflamed. Some individuals are prone to this and there really is no way of knowing ahead. Age and diet play a role. I know about 20 years ago, hubby had a severe flare. And his DS wasn’t until Dec 2010.

Since her’s was so full of the diverticulitis and had gotten twisted and was trying to die in that section, Dr. K just removed that area.
None of the two areas were related to her DS surgery but were affecting it.

Latest posts

Back