RNY to DS has been APPROVED

CristyA

It took about a month longer than expected but surgery is scheduled for Dec 16th.
I’m traveling to TX from AZ.
Should I make plans to stay in the area for a few more days after I get discharged from the hospital?
What are some things I should take with me? What will I need at home once I get back?
How long was your downtime after revision? Anything else I need to know?

Congratulations! Who is your surgeon? I would imagine that your surgeon has a protocol for out of town patients. With Dr. K. the requirement is to stay in the area for 10-14 days after surgery.

You will need protein drinks, water, broth, comfortable/roomy clothes to wear after d/c. Will you have a g-tube for tube feeding upon discharge?

He does want me to stay for 2 weeks but I think I’m driving to my moms about 4 days after surgery and then driving back for my post op visit at 2 weeks. I’d feel more comfortable staying the whole time but my mom and sister have things to do back home.

You will not be able to drive yourself. This is a very big operation. You may still be on pain meds and have trouble moving around and getting comfortable.

He does want me to stay for 2 weeks but I think I’m driving to my moms about 4 days after surgery and then driving back for my post op visit at 2 weeks. I’d feel more comfortable staying the whole time but my mom and sister have things to do back home.
How far is your mom's from DFW? Because all that driving would've been painful for me.

Latest posts

Back