RNY to DS Conversion in Florida

Great. Thank you Larra. Your advices had helped a lot. My surgeon here in FL (not Dr. Smith) told me that I could have a DS in 3 stages (sleeve→switch→hernia repair). He said complications are really high. That tells me that he does not know how to do it. I don't want to waste my sick leave in a surgery that will fail.

I think I can travel to Texas in the summer. I already started my 3 months preop diet one months ago.

I traveled from Kansas to California to Dr. K. Everything went really smooth. We stayed at a motel that gave a discount for Dr. K patients and then we took Uber. The hospital was like a luxury hotel. And all the staff was so caring. It was the best hospital stay I've ever had, and I've had plenty! I was supposed to stay 10 days after surgery, but when I saw the Dr. a week later, I was doing so good that he said if I wanted I could go home. Of course, we were on the next plane that had room! I think it helped that it was Easter weekend and I wanted to be with family. I had to change planes, but just had them take me in a wheel chair, it worked really good. But I'm pretty sure you will need someone with you. I read someone

I stayed 10 days post surgery, but that was the airline's rules, not the surgeon's, as I was flying long-haul international. I left Montreal to Amtrak to New York four days post surgery, and stayed there for a week.

Latest posts

Back