Revison with Dr. Ayoola

USCMA15

Hello all,

Found this board and very excited to see all of the post op revision folks out there! I am in the process of my revision to DS from RNY with Dr. Ayoola. I had RNY done in 2002, highest weight 375, currently 290. My last scope showed I had a very small pouch, almost nonexistent and some remnant stomach left. My operative report was found not to be consonant with what the results of my scope and upper GI revealed. My Wl surgeon that performed my original surgery is now retired, I have been to several different WL surgeons around the country and this last visit to MAMC at Fort Lewis, Washington revealed the inconsistencies with my operative report and what the scope showed. I was told the surgery would be risky due to the very small pouch size, but found new hope in Dr. Ayoola who reviewed all of my records to date. I originally wanted to travel to California to Dr. K, but with all of the out of pocket expense and my new job, it would make it difficult to travel that far with hotel and air cost. Dallas is about a 5 hour drive for us. I had a bi-lateral hip replacement in 2009, so I am needing to get my excess weight off. I have completed my Psych testing and waiting on sleep study now. So, in all I am very excited but also very nervous as I know the risks associated with the surgery.

Hello all,

Found this board and very excited to see all of the post op revision folks out there! I am in the process of my revision to DS from RNY with Dr. Ayoola. I had RNY done in 2002, highest weight 375, currently 290. My last scope showed I had a very small pouch, almost nonexistent and some remnant stomach left. My operative report was found not to be consonant with what the results of my scope and upper GI revealed. My Wl surgeon that performed my original surgery is now retired, I have been to several different WL surgeons around the country and this last visit to MAMC at Fort Lewis, Washington revealed the inconsistencies with my operative report and what the scope showed. I was told the surgery would be risky due to the very small pouch size, but found new hope in Dr. Ayoola who reviewed all of my records to date. I originally wanted to travel to California to Dr. K, but with all of the out of pocket expense and my new job, it would make it difficult to travel that far with hotel and air cost. Dallas is about a 5 hour drive for us. I had a bi-lateral hip replacement in 2009, so I am needing to get my excess weight off. I have completed my Psych testing and waiting on sleep study now. So, in all I am very excited but also very nervous as I know the risks associated with the surgery.
Welcome @USCMA15 Glad you are here. Looking forward to following your journey!

Latest posts

Back