Revision with Dr. K possibly

I feel the hunger. Where as in the beginning, there was no such thing. The rumbling is back. Protein. I can eat a whole chicken breast and veggies in a sitting. In the beginning, I might have been able to get maybe 2 bites of the chicken breast, if that. I know it changes over time and the quantity of food increases some. I just don't feel any restriction. Liquids....well, I can down a bottle of water no problem. Since the vsg in 2010, I don't drink any beverage with bubbles, so soda is never in my shopping cart.

I will leave it up to Dr. K to see what happens with the sleeve.
My sleeve is tiny...started that way and is still tiny BUT, I never had the hunger go away like they (docs etc) tells you it will. Fluid, I can down 20 oz in less than 30 mins and 8 oz goes REALLY fast.

ONLY if you overeat should you actually FEEL restriction at 6 years out.

I feel the hunger. Where as in the beginning, there was no such thing. The rumbling is back. Protein. I can eat a whole chicken breast and veggies in a sitting. In the beginning, I might have been able to get maybe 2 bites of the chicken breast, if that. I know it changes over time and the quantity of food increases some. I just don't feel any restriction. Liquids....well, I can down a bottle of water no problem. Since the vsg in 2010, I don't drink any beverage with bubbles, so soda is never in my shopping cart.

I will leave it up to Dr. K to see what happens with the sleeve.
That is nowhere near what a normal person would/can eat. That is a great DS meal.

Huntington probably. It is in Pasadena and about 6 miles from Verdugo Hills where I had my two other surgeries. VHH was fine but has really small rooms and Hu ting ton is supposed to be really nice, but both give goid care.

I just spoke with Dr. K's office to get the time for the video conference, and they informed me that with a cash pay, it is not in Huntington because of the costs of Huntington. I will be at the hospital next to his office.

Maybe Dr. K's office can help find someone to help and be there that day.

Spoke to his office today and asked if they could recommend or if they knew of any CNA's or any volunteers. They said they didn't have anyone that they could recommend. They did say that I would have to have someone with me at the hotel, not just to drop me off. AND, they said that I need someone to travel back with me on the plane.

I have to think about all the extra expenses and how I can handle all of it.

I just spoke with Dr. K's office to get the time for the video conference, and they informed me that with a cash pay, it is not in Huntington because of the costs of Huntington. I will be at the hospital next to his office.
That would be Verdugo Hills and it is small but just fine. The rooms are small but private. My son had surgery there with Dr k as well (had tertible gastroparesis )and I have had two surgeries there as well. I was just going to try Huntington this time for my colectomy but it all depends on availability there.

Call the company I suggested or google nurses aides for the area. You should be able to hire someone for the hotel. If you got a small apartment on airbnb you might get a "live in" aide who could sleep there too (live in is cheaper than two 12hr shifts) How long will you stay in hotel after the surgery?

I would argue the point about having someone with you on the plane. The airline will give you wheelchair service to the plane and you should be ok to sit in first class alone for 4 hour direct flight. (If not you shouldn't be flying in the first place.) it's not as if whomever you got to go with you - friend, parent etc - would have any medical training, so no different than asking the flight attendant to help you with something.

Call the company I suggested or google nurses aides for the area. You should be able to hire someone for the hotel. If you got a small apartment on airbnb you might get a "live in" aide who could sleep there too (live in is cheaper than two 12hr shifts) How long will you stay in hotel after the surgery?

I would argue the point about having someone with you on the plane. The airline will give you wheelchair service to the plane and you should be ok to sit in first class alone for 4 hour direct flight. (If not you shouldn't be flying in the first place.) it's not as if whomever you got to go with you - friend, parent etc - would have any medical training, so no different than asking the flight attendant to help you with something.

His office said that my total stay should be between 10 to 15 days, depending on how and what has to be done to me to fix me, and how I heal. that stay includes the stay at the hospital. His office said between 3 to 5 days in the hospital. then released to the hotel for the remainder of time. I guess after 5 to 7 days will be a follow up visit in his office and then he will determine when I can go home. I have a video conference with him on thursday. I will ask him about the stay, so I can figure out the flight dates later, when I get a surgery date.

What again are you being revised from? RnY GBP or sleeve to DS?

I am a unique revision, sleeve with bipartition with an abdomen cavity filled with cement adhesions.
I couldn't remember if that was you or another person getting a revision. I know there are a few recent posters getting revisions with Dr K.

My revision, as Dr K will tell you, was the easiest one he can do so I was in the hospital a few days after surgery and then spent several more days in town....so I flew home 7 days after surgery. Your surgery is going to be a lot more involved and you are probably going to be beat up a little more inside. It does make sense that he will want you in the area for a while to make sure it is all good before letting you go home.

I already asked him if I can go home 7 days after my colectomy and he said no way jose.

(I have traveled from the east coast 3 xs to see dr K, I am currently 1.5 weeks out from another surgery with Dr k. twice I traveled alone last year, hired someone there, contact Huntington memorial hospital and this last time someone came with me. It's hard alone, you have to go to preops, hospital apts, Huntington will not release you (and they shouldn't) post ops, food and scary, especially if you have an issue, of which I did, that is when I said I would NEVER do that again.....Dr K's office wont be able to help you with that...Kristina and Silva didnt know......PM me if you need more suggestions......

PS last year I was at Huntington for 5 days.....ya it sucked....

I just got back from Dr k's this time with someone, I paid for the flights, place to stay, car etc. Best money spent....and still less than having someone from an agency, as i did last year, shop flight prices, I paid $292-delta-non stop each flight from logan to lax (you are coming up on prime travel time-holidays-suggest you go in January it will be the best price for flights and lodging) and I used airbnb....

Last edited:
You won't need someone with you on the plane. I travelled for 24 hours back from New York (surgery was in Montreal) to Singapore by myself. Do pay for an upgrade so you can be comfortable and sleep, though. My experience was basically getting on the plane, taking off, putting my chair into bed mode, and then waking up to land. You'll be tired, but you won't be an invalid. Go light on the carry on, get someone from the airline to help with mobility (if you need it) and lifting bags (you will need it) and you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back