Revision from VSG to DS

Tammy

Does anyone know why they (Dr. Boyce's office) don' except BCBS of Ky?

Admin note: Minor edit for clarification since it's now in it's own thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know why they don' except BCBS of Ky?
Probably because it's KY. Crossing state lines is damned near impossible with BCBS.

But when I was getting my DS, I got told that BCBS TN was not the same company as any other BCBS AFFILIATE. Yes, they are all under the same umbrella but they aren't the same company.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Cross_Blue_Shield_Association
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) is a federation of 36 separate United States health insurance organizations and companies, providing health insurance in the United States to more than 106 million people.[2] Blue Cross was founded in 1929 and became the Blue Cross Association in 1960, while Blue Shield emerged in 1939 and the Blue Shield Association was created in 1948. The two organizations merged in 1982.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance companies are licensees, independent of the association and traditionally of each other, offering insurance plans within defined regions under one or both of the association's brands. Blue Cross Blue Shield insurers offer some form of health insurance coverage in every U.S. state. They also act as administrators of Medicare in many states or regions of the U.S.[12] and provide coverage to state government employees as well as to the federal government employees under a nationwide option of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.[13]

The association has its headquarters in the Michigan Plaza complex in the Chicago Loop area of Chicago, Illinois.[14]

Probably because it's KY. Crossing state lines is damned near impossible with BCBS.

But when I was getting my DS, I got told that BCBS TN was not the same company as any other BCBS AFFILIATE. Yes, they are all under the same umbrella but they aren't the same company.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Cross_Blue_Shield_Association
Thank you for replying. I can' find anyone in Tn and nobody does the true DS in ky. I did the online seminar with Dr Houston in Nashville but then they emailed me that he wasn' taking any new revision patients.

Thank you for replying. I can' find anyone in Tn and nobody does the true DS in ky. I did the online seminar with Dr Houston in Nashville but then they emailed me that he wasn' taking any new revision patients.
What is your current surgery type?

I had Gastric Sleeve done 3 years ago.i only lost 40 pounds.
Then Houston is just blowing you off and I’m sorry he’s being an ass. Your revision is one of the easiest type as it’s not a revision so much as a continuation of your surgery. All he has to do is reroute your guts.

If you can swing self pay, go to Dr. Esquerra In MX. Many here are his patients.

Then Houston is just blowing you off and I’m sorry he’s being an ass. Your revision is one of the easiest type as it’s not a revision so much as a continuation of your surgery. All he has to do is reroute your guts.

If you can swing self pay, go to Dr. Esquerra In MX. Many here are his patients.
Dr Houston' office called me back and said if I would do his weight loss program/diet pills for 6 to 9 months he might do my surgery.

Don't waste your time/money. If you can travel to TX, see if Dr. Ayoola takes your insurance. Or check with Dr. Dennis smith in Fla. Or not, Dr. Esquerra in Mexico, though he would obviously be self-pay.

If there are other states you could get to, start a new thread asking about DS surgeons in those states.

Don't waste your time/money. If you can travel to TX, see if Dr. Ayoola takes your insurance. Or check with Dr. Dennis smith in Fla. Or not, Dr. Esquerra in Mexico, though he would obviously be self-pay.

If there are other states you could get to, start a new thread asking about DS surgeons in those states.
Thank you for all the information.

I'm happy to announce that I had my revision to the DS on Oct 22 with Stephen Boyce at New life in Knoxville Tn and they fixed it to be covered as in network. Great group of people there to help you.

Congratulations! Now sip, walk, rest, heal and for goodness sakes, ignore his office vitamins. Use the Vitalady list posted in the Vitamins and Labs board.

Latest posts

Back