Revision from RNY to DS- Information Needed

GinaSarai

Hi everyone,

I just found out that my insurance does cover bariatric surgery! YEAH! I am so excited. I had RNY surgery 29 years ago and through the years have gained back the weight. I am looking for a surgeon that does the revision from RNY to DS. I live in Oregon and am just in the beginning process- so any information would be so amazing and appreciated! Thanks so much!

Welcome!

I'm in the process of getting a conversion from an rny to DS. If you look in the revision forum, the first post has a list of qualified surgeons.

You will have several great options - 2 in CA and 1 in UT.

Start there since most insurance companies requires 6 months of supervised diet.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Good luck!

You need to know the specifics of your policy. Many policies cover bariatric surgery but not revisions, or have different, harder to achieve requirements for revisions, or only certain types of revisions.....you get the idea. Don't trust anyone at the insurance company to sort it out for you. Request a copy of your EOC (evidence of coverage, a lengthy document, NOT just a summary of benefits) and read it for yourself.
there is a sticky in the insurance forum that DianaCox prepared awhile back that has a lot of helpful info.

Latest posts

Back