Requesting Advice on Recent Labs

Justme222

Officially a DSer. Surgery 3/23/21
I am 120 days post op. When I saw my PCM I asked him to run blood tests for me so I could share them with my surgeon at my 3 month appointment and not have to go for tests after the appointment and then go back to review results . I got my results, but because of an emergency surgery my surgeon had to cancel our appointment.
My PCM has put in a referral for a baseline bone density scan so I will go for that soon. Most of my blood work was fine. My cholesterol is down and A1c is now normal. I have not taken any RX for anything since surgery. I also stopped taking anything with B or biotin 3 days before my blood draw.

My PTH is on high normal side. It's this cause for concern?

They were supposed to run vit k test, but must have missed it because I didn't get results. Are there any others I may have needed, but did not get?

Ketone's are high, but that is from eating low carb. Are any of the other urine numbers not in range a concern?

I see vit E is low so I'll add an E supplement of some kind.

Any insight into the CBC or Metabolic panel numbers that are off would be welcomed.

I'm pretty happy, both of my D results were in normal range which had not always been the case.

I will send blood results spread sheet in comments. I can't figure out how to attach it and don't want to lose this post while trying to figure it out.

Okay I think the PDF is attached. I can see it on my end. Please let me know if you guys can't see the attached file.

Attachments

• BW (1).pdf
    493.4 KB · Views: 6
My PTH is on high normal side. It's this cause for concern?
Yes, see the D advice as to to fix it.

They were supposed to run vit k test, but must have missed it because I didn't get results. Are there any others I may have needed, but did not get?
They may but may not have light protected it which makes the sample unusable.

Ketone's are high, but that is from eating low carb. Are any of the other urine numbers not in range a concern?
Don't fret that.

I see vit E is low so I'll add an E supplement of some kind.
See the Vitalady list for suggestion. https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-file-for-dsers.11791

Any insight into the CBC or Metabolic panel numbers that are off would be welcomed.
None of those look alarming.

I'm pretty happy, both of my D results were in normal range which had not always been the case.
Normal, yes but optimal, no. You want it between 80-100. What brand and amount of D are you taking? See the Vitalady list for help there. https://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-file-for-dsers.11791/

I will send blood results spread sheet in comments. I can't figure out how to attach it and don't want to lose this post while trying to figure it out.

Your ferritin wasn’t tested.

One more update. I went to my online record to see my cologaurd results and found they did finally get my vitamin k results back.

Ref range is 0.10-2.20 mine was....
<0.04 ng/mL
This looks really bad. I guess I need to add a vitamin K supplement too.

One more update. I went to my online record to see my cologaurd results and found they did finally get my vitamin k results back.

Ref range is 0.10-2.20 mine was....
<0.04 ng/mL
This looks really bad. I guess I need to add a vitamin K supplement too.
Yeap, you do. If this were me, I’d take two and request a re-test in 3 months.

Yeap, you do. If this were me, I’d take two and request a re-test in 3 months.
So if not light protected it could give this result, or would it show inconclusive? I don't recall any of the vials having anything that would protect from the light except the label wrapped around the tube.

Re
So if not light protected it could give this result, or would it show inconclusive? I don't recall any of the vials having anything that would protect from the light except the label wrapped around the tube.
Remind them to slip in in a glove or wrap aluminum foil around it, next time.

Latest posts

Back