Reglan to speed up digestion/stop vomiting

Charris

Now an angel
OMG Dr. K gave it to me because apparently the reason I was vomiting so much is my food was not digesting fast enough. Well let me say no more problems with slow digestion. Literally it seems as if no more than an hour of putting something in my mouth it is coming out and not by vomiting. The reason I am posting this is because I think someone else was having a hard time with this same problem and I said if I found anything out I'd let them know but cant remember who it was.

Really? Wonder why I didn't get it. On day 6 leaving the hospital I still hadnt went potty. Idk but happy I got it know. Well my throat is. My back end isn't to happy. Lol

Ok for those of you who got it early on, how did you take it. Before I complained of no Bm now my back end and tummy is on fire. Script says 2x a day as needed. Been taking once a day.

Go figure I get what I want to stop vomiting, now I'm still not happy. I think I'm going to try every other day. What worked for you guys?

Tomorrow is supposed to be my first day back to work in 4 months. I think im not going to eat anything until I get home from work. I am so nervous about potty or gas issues.

Last edited:
Aww, I don't take it regularly, and early on I was in the potty all the time anyways so I dunno if it made it worse or not. I think trying every other day might be a good idea, or maybe even backing off for a bit and see if it kick started your insides and maybe you won't need it regularly, but I'm far from knowledgable on the subject, I'd call the dr to be sure. Hopefully it will all even out for you!

NO REGLAN!! NONONONONO. I had HORRENDOUS psychiatric side effects from Reglan after my one and only PS procedure. It was horrible and 4 years later, I am still suffering from a bit of aphasia and attention issues.
Panic attacks, suicidal ideation - I never had ANYTHING like it before. Even when discontinued, these lasted for many many months, and I still have the occasional anxiety/panic attack.
http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=17854&name=REGLAN

Omg. Diana you responded I thought earlier stating you really didn't have many side affects after someone said ask you about it. Maybe i misunderstood. Yeah I'm done taking it. Literally my ass is on fire from using the bathroom. As soon as something goes in it comes right out. So I'm going to let it clear my system and be done with it. I can't afford any more memory problems especially after the ones that developed after my RNY. I THINK I will try Miralax daily instead.

Good luck with going back to work tomorrow. Hope you can take it a little easy at first?

Well I should have been to work 3 hours ago. I didn't have a letter of release from Dr. K and they don't open until 9am which is really 10 am here. Sooooooooooooooooooooo guess what I am now getting undressed and assuming my position on the couch. I'll try again tomorrow cant you guys tell that I'm all upset that I couldn't go today? I don't know why I have so much anxiety about going back to work? I had actually worked myself up into being sick this morning when I woke up. My tummy hurt so bad and instantly stopped hurting when the decision was made that I would return to work tomorrow.

Good news the scale finally moved. I think it is because of all the BMs I had yesterday so it is more than likely dehydration. Two days ago I was 208 and this morning I was 197.5. No way to loose 10 pounds in 2 days unless its through dehydration, right? So we will see in about 3 days how many of those pounds return. How cruel to actually see Onederland and know that it was only going to be taken back. Anyways....

Awww, Charris! I wish things would just go smoothly for you! I get you on the anxiety thing, I do that to myself, get so worked up about something that I actually start to feel physically ill. Xanax is the only thing that helps me when it gets to that point. I take it sparingly because I don't want to become dependent, and don't want to be taking a lot of pills, but for me it's necessary sometimes.

And btw, maybe it's not dehydration that made the scale move, maybe it's your body letting go of what it's been holding onto since you system has been so jacked up. This happens to me almost every month when Aunt Flo comes to town. The scale stays put or even goes up before (last month it went up 8 freekin pounds!) and then disappears when my body is ready to shed the water weight. Just make sure you're getting in extra fluids!

Latest posts

Back