Realistic Goals and Personal Responsibility

My butt is flat. I like it, so that’s good.
I like my flat butt but pants/jeans are hard to find that aren’t super baggy back there.

I do NOT like this new flat butt and it doesn’t even feel right or comfortable sitting on it sometimes! But I can’t change it I am ignoring it!! It is also becoming an issue for my spinal cord stimulator implant because the battery and programming source is in a fat pocket that used to be in a spot below my waist but next to my hip. But because the fat’s decreasing and gravity this thing is way down in my butt and the skin is thin over it and pinches my flesh against the chair when I sit. That is going to be repaired before the end of the year! Not the gravity but finding a new fat pocket!

Part of the reason why I am so swayed is because I think I look gross, scrawny and awful so I have been having to rely on what other people tell me until this weirdness goes away and my brain catches up. But I guess their brains are needing to catch up too.

Last edited:
I have this friend. Love her, hate her. She is 70 something and you can bounce quarters off her ass. Perfectly shaped too btw. She swears it's all about the stair climber, lunges, and squats...

I have this friend. Love her, hate her. She is 70 something and you can bounce quarters off her ass. Perfectly shaped too btw. She swears it's all about the stair climber, lunges, and squats...

Those lunges and squats work especially doing it with weights! At 70 though! That is impressive. Shoot, I kind of want to see her ass now!!!

Webmommy you look beautiful. I think when our appearance changes it takes time for people to “see” you and stop looking for the old you. I am still significantly overweight (65 lbs) but I have lost and maintained a 200 lb weight loss. It is weird because when I run into people who haven’t seen me since the loss they ask if I am sick because I am “so” skinny.

Webmommy you look beautiful. I think when our appearance changes it takes time for people to “see” you and stop looking for the old you. I am still significantly overweight (65 lbs) but I have lost and maintained a 200 lb weight loss. It is weird because when I run into people who haven’t seen me since the loss they ask if I am sick because I am “so” skinny.

Thank you! I’m still looking for the old me and the much young me as well! Who’s this old lady in the mirror?! Lol

But I have heard the “What happened to you?!” I think cancer is on their minds so some seem relieved when I say I had bariatric surgery. I didn’t tell hardly anyone that I was having the surgery so this was a surprise to a lot of people.

You have done a great job at losing and maintaining your weight loss!! You look great!

I do NOT like this new flat butt and it doesn’t even feel right or comfortable sitting on it sometimes! But I can’t change it I am ignoring it!! It is also becoming an issue for my spinal cord stimulator implant because the battery and programming source is in a fat pocket that used to be in a spot below my waist but next to my hip. But because the fat’s decreasing and gravity this thing is way down in my butt and the skin is thin over it and pinches my flesh against the chair when I sit. That is going to be repaired before the end of the year! Not the gravity but finding a new fat pocket!

Part of the reason why I am so swayed is because I think I look gross, scrawny and awful so I have been having to rely on what other people tell me until this weirdness goes away and my brain catches up. But I guess their brains are needing to catch up too.

Ouch. I have a lot less padding on the backside than I once did, and it did make for uncomfortable sitting for a while. Sorry that pinching sounds truly painful. Hope the implant repair goes smoothly!

Thank you! I’m still looking for the old me and the much young me as well! Who’s this old lady in the mirror?! Lol

But I have heard the “What happened to you?!” I think cancer is on their minds so some seem relieved when I say I had bariatric surgery. I didn’t tell hardly anyone that I was having the surgery so this was a surprise to a lot of people.

You have done a great job at losing and maintaining your weight loss!! You look great!
When I had surgery, I lived in a small town in Minnesota. One day I was at the grocery store and the checker asked how I was doing I said fine. Then she said she and some of the other checkers had been trying to figure out if I had cancer....

Ouch. I have a lot less padding on the backside than I once did, and it did make for uncomfortable sitting for a while. Sorry that pinching sounds truly painful. Hope the implant repair goes smoothly!

Thank you. I asked my friend who’s underweight if sitting has always been painful to her butt bones and how did she sit on them? She puts her weight on her thighs when she sits and not so much on her buttbones because it hurts her too. Who knew that this would happen?!!

When I had surgery, I lived in a small town in Minnesota. One day I was at the grocery store and the checker asked how I was doing I said fine. Then she said she and some of the other checkers had been trying to figure out if I had cancer....

Uffda that is tacky and ungraceful way to ask about you!

Thank you. I asked my friend who’s underweight if sitting has always been painful to her butt bones and how did she sit on them? She puts her weight on her thighs when she sits and not so much on her buttbones because it hurts her too. Who knew that this would happen?!!

Uffda that is tacky and ungraceful way to ask about you!
Uffda... How appropriate!!!

Latest posts

Back