Read and learn what happens when you don't comply with DS lifestyle requirements

I was mistaken on available levels of OTC vit d and also apparently in the trust of my endocrine doc on this. He has coreccted several other issues and I know he discussed my ds with his friend Dr fielding who used to do ds even b4 I had it done.
Yes you are correct that I generally do not have any medical copay even for drugs , but as you suggests I do spend about 40 or so on supplies that I just like better than what generic are offered.

I had a through skeleton study done in March at nyu for osteoarthritis . we OK on that for now, fortunately my teeth are also well attended too

I know now again what PTH is . not seeing the test in my nyu history. He discussed discussed it as normal.

My vetantarian discussed it about how some breeds of cats age inter hyper as one of mine is becoming. Vs dogs that tend to become hypothyroid.
Maybe I should take my labs to him? He cost 900 that day for a well check on two fur babies

Walter, your veterinarian was referring to hyper and hypo THYROID, not PARATHYROID. They are both glands in the neck, but they are completely different and have different functions.

Likewise, osteoarthritis is NOT the same thing as osteoporosis. Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that destroys your joints. Osteoporosis is loss of calcium from your bones, resulting is their gradual destruction. Both can be crippling diseases, but they are different diseases with different causes.

I think Spikey made a great point. You don't need anyone's permission to take Vitamin D, and no, it's not that expensive, AND the prescription form, which is what you will get free or almost free if/when you talk someone into prescribing it is NOT the right form for someone with the DS because it's oil based. And if you know nothing else, which I'm beginning to suspect, you do at least know that oil is fat and we don't absorb much fat, right? So oil based vitamin D won't do the trick, you need the DRY form from Vitalady that you will have to pay for yourself. And it's not terribly expensive. Like you, I spend far less on vitamins and meds for myself than for my pets.

So again, stop waiting to find just the right doctor who actually understands the DS and think for yourself. Heck, we've done all the thinking for you! All you have to do is get the dry D and start taking it in the right amounts. Is that really such a strain?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
images

It's just straight up dumb to wait to be told/allowed/RXed things you KNOW you need. dumb dumb dumb. And not, I am not calling anyone dumb, but the lack of action in itself is dumb!

I take 50,000iu of D3 every single day and Im not even 6m months post op yet. It just so irresponsible and on the verge of suicide not to take care of yourself when you signed up for this life!!!!

Walter, your veterinarian was referring to hyper and hypo THYROID, not PARATHYROID. They are both glands in the neck, but they are completely different and have different functions.

Likewise, osteoarthritis is NOT the same thing as osteoporosis. Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that destroys your joints. Osteoporosis is loss of calcium from your bones, resulting is their gradual destruction. Both can be crippling diseases, but they are different diseases with different causes.

I think Spikey made a great point. You don't need anyone's permission to take Vitamin D, and no, it's not that expensive, AND the prescription form, which is what you will get free or almost free if/when you talk someone into prescribing it is NOT the right form for someone with the DS because it's oil based. And if you know nothing else, which I'm beginning to suspect, you do at least know that oil is fat and we don't absorb much fat, right? So oil based vitamin D won't do the trick, you need the DRY form from Vitalady that you will have to pay for yourself. And it's not terribly expensive. Like you, I spend far less on vitamins and meds for myself than for my pets.

So again, stop waiting to find just the right doctor who actually understands the DS and think for yourself. Heck, we've done all the thinking for you! All you have to do is get the dry D and start taking it in the right amounts. Is that really such a strain?
@Larra Have I ever seen you get snarky before?

Either way, I laughed.

Last edited:
I need to find a new endcrist as this guy is leaving nyu this week, that's what he RX, I will bring this up with a new one when I pick one out, shopping in nnj for one.
AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

Are you going to wait for a new doctor to tell you eat? No. There is some shit we do just because anyone who is THINKING would do it. So if you can go ahead, all by yourself, and decide to eat...maybe you should consider doing the same with supplements.

Stop trying to get everything paid for...you won't enjoy the money when you are dead...and the people who DO enjoy the money will be shaking their heads trying to figure out why you would cut corners on something so essential. Think of it this way...if you invest in the Vitamins, you will collect more Social Security and more disability retirement by living longer...so you will come out ahead. You will LOSE money by saving on vitamins!

Walter, WALTER, WALTER!!! Jesus, Mary & Joseph, man, stop trying to save money on vitamin D. Buy the 50,000 capsules of DRY D3 and get hopping. You don't even KNOW your own Parathyroid Hormone number, but we DO know that your D is low, according to a DOCTOR, so it must be absolutely dismal. Get that up, find out what your PTH number is, and take your effing calcium to get that PTH back down nice and low.

Please don't be a dire warning to the newbies. You're such a smart guy, I am shocked that you're pinching pennies when it comes to your health, after choosing the DS.

You are a tough bunch but appreciated anyway, you didn't notice I ordered both d and calcium on Saturday when this thread started.
Everyone here has had their ass handed to them from at least one other person at least one time, most of us more than that. When someone notices someone doing something that puts their life at risk they jump on it, it may come across as harsh, but it's with the best intentions.

Latest posts

Back