RANT

I was denied for the DS, but they will pay for a fucking lap band. The world has gone mad.
Ugh. Sorry. The world is mad. Time to appeal. If it offers any consoloation, many of us (including me) were denied for DS and got there in the end. Though the battle is long and frustrating and ridiculous, the result is worth it. Fight and stay the course! You are worth it.

Thank you. I’m actually looking to hire Walter Lindstrom to try to get this done quickly and cover all angles. If he reviews everything and determines I have a case.

Thank you. I’m actually looking to hire Walter Lindstrom to try to get this done quickly and cover all angles. If he reviews everything and determines I have a case.
You may also want to check in with Larra and DianaCox for their advice, if you haven't done so already. Sorry I'm drawing a blank and can't remember if you've already connected with them on this - it has been a looooong day!

I’ve been in touch and they are wonderful. I know they are both busy ladies and I am trying to figure out the fastest way to do this where I don’t have to do the bulk of the work because frankly, I’m about to crack. I keep trying to get answers and documentation and one finger is pointing at the other. Even for something as basic as an EOC. My plan is really complicated, lots of layers of issues that need to be addressed. :-/

I’ve been in touch and they are wonderful. I know they are both busy ladies and I am trying to figure out the fastest way to do this where I don’t have to do the bulk of the work because frankly, I’m about to crack. I keep trying to get answers and documentation and one finger is pointing at the other. Even for something as basic as an EOC. My plan is really complicated, lots of layers of issues that need to be addressed. :-/
The thing is, you are gonna be doing a lot of work for a lawyer as well. Like getting your EOC, etc.

Maybe they can tell me what the process is like, because I have no idea. I’ve already gotten the document they call a COC, certificate of coverage. It’s lame.

I have asked in every possible way. This is the answer I got from HR after several back and forths when they sent me the COC:

“I forward the same documents to our Florida Blue account manager to confirm those were the correct documents and here is her response below:
Yes, this is the EOC. We call it COC which means Certificate of Coverage. Others call it SPD which means Summary Plan Description or Documents.”

For those of you who had to appeal...did you have to go through all of your medical clearances again? Mine are only good for 6 months and the thought of having to do them all again, financially in particular, is really stressing me out. I especially can’t see having another Egd and $200 psych eval.

Latest posts

Back