Question: Target Milestone Dates for % Goal of Excess Lost

TiffanyDG

From my research of excess weight loss success, I should target losing 25% by 2 months, 50% by 6 months, 80% by 1 year and 100% by 18 months of my excess weight.
1. Is this reasonable?
2. Do you count the milestone date from surgery date or start of pre-op diet?

If you try to program this too much you will be disappointed. Just shoot for at least 10% under goal and lose as quickly as possible. This leaves in the best possible position to lose all the fat before you run out of 'easy' weight loss!

southernlady posted this a long time ago. It's tends to be about right, but journey;s vary

Each person has their own journey. BUT you are a lightweight like me.
Have you read THIS thread? http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/its-not-pounds-its-percentages.1844/ What is your height and what would be your weight for a BMI of 24.99 (top end of normal)? Anything above that is excess weight. So if your normal BMI top end was 145 and 146 was overweight, then anything above 145 is excess. NOT where you want to be but what is above normal BMI. AND if you lost weight pre-op, that changes the dynamics as well.

This chart might help. (and notice, these are not by pounds but percentages)!
2 weeks - 5-10%
6 weeks - 10-15%
3 mos - 20-30%
6 mos - 45-55%
12 mos - 60-70%
18 mos - 75-85%​

I lost all I was going to loss by 9 months post surgery. You're trying to assure yourself with averages, but there is no guarantee you will be average. You will lose. I'm sure of that, how much is highly speculative and irregular. And it will depend on your eating. If you eat crap, you will lose weight. If you eat right (low carb) you will lose a lot more. That is about the only thing that seems pretty universal.

Latest posts

Back