Pumpkin Spice Muffins

newanatomy

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/spe...free/the-best-low-carb-pumpkin-spice-muffins/

Ingredients
  • 1-½ cup Almond Flour
  • 1 Tablespoon Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • ⅔ cups Erythritol Crystals
  • ⅔ cups Organic Solid Pack Pumpkin
  • 4 whole Extra Large Organic Eggs
Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 300 °F (150 °C).
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, pumpkin pie spice and erythritol and mix well until there are no lumps.
4. Add the pumpkin and eggs and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
5. Scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
6. Bake for some 30–40 minutes, or until a stick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out almost dry.
7. Remove the muffin pan from the oven and cover with a towel.
8. Let the muffins cool under the towel, remove the towel and the muffins from the pan and serve.

Here are the changes I made and the muffins turned out yummy!!
1.00 cup(s), Almond Meal/flour- Net Carb (3)
8.00 Tablespoons, Coconut Flour
0.25 cup(s), Butter - Salted
2.00 tsp(s), Baking Powder
1.00 tbsp(s), Spices - Pumpkin pie spice
1.00 cup(s), Splenda Sweetner
0.67 Cup, Solid Pack Pumpkin 100% Natural
5.00 large, Eggs - Whole, raw

I baked mine at 350 for 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Nutrition facts per my changes:

Amount Per Serving
calories 123
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g 15 %
Saturated Fat 4 g 18 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84 mg 28 %
Sodium 423 mg 18 %
Potassium 28 mg 1 %
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g 10 %
Vitamin A 4 %
Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 3 %
Iron 7 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Last edited:
"⅔ cups Erythritol Crystals"

Um, no thank you. I might as well eat Ex-Lax, with a side of broccoli and beans, washed down with a big glass of milk.

I haven't used Spenda in a good while, but my gut doesn't like any sugar alcohols- save erythritol since iirc about 90% is absorbed in the small intestine.. I guess that would cause an issue when you have a good chunk bypassed!

I just ordered some erythritol from Amazon. I want to try it and see how I do. I do fine with Splenda though. Really I haven't found much of anything that bothers me. When I end up with diarrhea, it's usually a mystery. Luckily, it's not too often.

@newanatomy, the best I've found is the NOW brand erithrytol, and I mix that 2 parts E to 1 part NOW Inulin (by volume) to duplicate Swerve more closely. Swerve is expensive! Swerve has the inulin in it- to combat the "cooling" effect and give it a better texture in the baked stuff. Let me know if you like the brand you ordered- I buy the stuff in bulk for baking (esp holidays..)

NOW Foods Inulin Prebiotic Fos 16 ounces
and
100% Pure Erythritol Crystalline Now Foods 2.5 lb Granules

@Jo777, These are the two I ordered. Thanks for the heads up on the Inulin! I love getting a prebiotic in!

Latest posts

Back