"Pre-Reviews," please...

Spiky Bugger

Anyway...I have a new GI doctor who was recommended by my bariatric surgeon, so my assumption is that the GI guy knows what the DS is all about.

I have symptoms...as in, IBS-type symptoms and GERD-type symptoms. I was tested for c. diff, and parasites and ova and all those creepy things. So far, nothing bad found.

I was also given a breath test for SIBO...small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Results not back yet.

However, he gave me a sample of IBgard, https://ibgard.com/ibgard-difference/clinical-information/ which is enteric coated peppermint oil, that is supposed to be wonderful because it delivers the oil to the small intestine. There is also a twice-as-strong, half the price version... "Doctor mk ibs relief," but I just noticed that may be a gel cap....hmmmm.

So...first, it's oil...little tiny encapsulated specks of oil? Then, it goes to the small intestine? So this should not work for us at all, right?

I ask because it SEEMS to be working...but placebo effect?

Btw, one complaint about the double strength product is peppermint belching. One guy says his "shit don`t stink."

Whaddaya think?

PS--Another complaint was that the users said the cheaper product dissolved in tbe stomach. I wonder where it would dissolve for us...

Last edited:
I've never heard of it before, but if you're feeling better, I'd give it a try. I don't think the idea is for it to be absorbed, which is a good thing because you're not going to absorb it with your DS. But I really don't know anything about it, and the info on that website isn't very informative.

I've never heard of it before, but if you're feeling better, I'd give it a try. I don't think the idea is for it to be absorbed, which is a good thing because you're not going to absorb it with your DS. But I really don't know anything about it, and the info on that website isn't very informative.

And aim for peppermint farts?

I know!

I'm wandering around pub med reading about peppermint oil....

I think you are onto something. The IBgard capsule is designed to avoid dissolving in gastric pH, but to disolve in intestinal pH over a 4 hour period. The point is to get it out of the stomach unharmed into whatever comes after the stomach, small intestine or other intestine. (See the next to the last page in this article that describes the capsule and how it works.)

I have tried straight peppermint oil in the past and it had no noticeable effects on the symptoms. So I don't think the cheaper version would work for lower GI symptoms, if it dissolved in the stomach. I am going to try IBgard. I don't think you would have to use it daily to treat occasional symptoms, but with how severe your symptoms sound, more might be needed. Thanks for sharing this find.

So sorry you have been going through this!

This is the research that supported its use in IBS... http://download.springer.com/static...6a7e59c480baf8947947d09fbe2b9829eecaeb384c645

That is great medicine because first of all, it can't hurt you. I would try it.

You will absorb what you absorb. And I believe the body does try to adapt and people as far postop as we are will absorb more than a newbie. I would take the meds and look for a cheaper alternative. I am SURE one can be found.

That is great medicine because first of all, it can't hurt you. I would try it.

You will absorb what you absorb. And I believe the body does try to adapt and people as far postop as we are will absorb more than a newbie. I would take the meds and look for a cheaper alternative. I am SURE one can be found.

If it works, I will assign you the Finding Task! Lol

The product that is twice as strong and half the cost is gel caps. Darn.

Your bowel transit will be faster than the absorption time of this drug in the small intestine, but fuck it your colon will smell like chewing gum.

Latest posts

Back