Pre-op liquid diet ?

Brandy Rediker

How did you guys make it thru the pre-op liquid diet? This is worrying me big time when the times comes for me to have to do this. How long do you typically have to do the liquid diet? Dr. Sudan will me my surgeon. How long does he require a liquid diet? Also, if your a patient of Dr. Sudan does he remove the gallbladder? My gallbladder is working on the low end, meaning it's kinda of sluggish getting stuff thru.

I didn't have to do a liquid diet but then again, they were very worried about me losing any weight at all...I was JUST over the minimum...and a couple of lbs would have pushed me under the 35 cutoff.

Brandy- you should really call Dr. Susan's office and ask them because there are so many variations in what surgeons ask as a pre op diet. My surgeon had me do about 3 weeks on liquids with a "lean & green" dinner, staying below 1,000 calories each day. It sucked, but I got through it. He should be the one to answer about the gallbladder as well.
* just realized my iPad autocorrected Sudan to Susan, lol

Last edited:
Mine was 2 weeks. I was required to drink my dr's protein shakes and they sucked. I (not proud of this) cheated once. One night about halfway through I decided to drink some broth from wonton soup. Before I knew it I had stuffed a bunch of noodles into my mouth! It sucked but somehow I made it and I lost 11 pounds.

Latest posts

Back