POD#4--could use some GI advice

DBmom23

So i posted yesterday about not having any gas or anything and heard that from some of you that this will come with time. I am still having this issue and starting to feel more uncomfortable. I am pretty sure it is related as i feel gurgling inside without anything coming of it. The question is whether i should just be patient and keep walking and drinking or if i could take a little miralax or something else to help things along?

No...you don't want to be adding any laxatives at this point friend. The gas will find it's way out I assure you. Keep walking and keep DRINKING. Your stomach and intestines have taken a beating my. They need rest and recuperation...not extra work from laxatives. You aren't eating much and so will not have the same bowel movements you would if eating large meals. Patience friend...patience. Gas will be absorbed by your body in addition to being excreted. Trust me...it is a mathematical certainty that it will be gone soon enough. Just relax and feel better. You may also have passed some while sleeping, don't forget. You're right on track DBmom!
:ngbbs450d0391e9c80:

I'd recommend movement where such isn't painful - definitely walking around, but also moving into positions which might allow gravity to assist (like getting on all fours). Hang in there!

I wouldn't take any laxatives. If the problem persists, contact your surgeon. They have an answering service over the weekend if things get really bad.

Latest posts

Back