Plateau is broken!

Ainu

My plateau finally broke the other day and I dropped under 260! That's 50lbs lost this year and almost 40 since surgery. The weight is still going down much more slowly than I expected. After the fast 30lb drop it just seems to have stagnated. Really started going to the gym and lifting now that my weight restriction is lifted and I feel great. I measure myself every two weeks and this last time I got smaller but really not by much. Trying to watch my carbs better and increase protein and water but itai hard. Especially the water and I'm not sure why.

Oh, did have a trip to the ER in there somewhere where was I sure I was dying. Turns out I'm producing too much stomach acid and it's burning all the incisions. So I'm on more antacids

Ouch! Glad you got the acid figured out. Congrats on the end of the stall!

What are your thoughts on MCT oil? I used to use it when I was trying to lose pre-op. I read in one place (haven't gotten any substantial info) that since it's digested differenly, 100% of it is absorbed by us.

Also, I do drown everything I cook in oil or butter. I just eat so little and there are some days I can only stomach the protein drinks so I'm not sure how much it'll help. Though if I start adding oil to my coffee again...that may help

MCT's are absorbed differently. Because of this, we absorb them better. By absorbing them better, it is a two edged sword. It helps vitamins that need fat be absorbed BUT it also can cause us to gain weight. https://med.virginia.edu/ginutrition/wp-content/uploads/sites/199/2014/06/Parrish-February-17.pdf

Just be very careful using them. There are benefits but because we purposely set our system up to malabsorb fat, you may not want to use much at all.

As far as oil, use olive oil as much as you can. But honestly any oil that is not absorbed is not bad for you.

Thank you for a real source, I've been looking everywhere. I did assume it was a balancing act with it. The whole point of the surgery was to not aborb macros so the idea of going around that seems silly but I also know MCTS are supposed to feel with weight loss.

Either way, I had some far coffee today and it blew by butt out so that won't be happening again for a while

Latest posts

Back