Plastics and Dr Sauceda consultation

galaxygrrl

Hi all,

Starting this thread because I posted about my consultation with Dr. Sauceda (a MX surgeon that specializes in plastics for people with WLS) on another thread and got some questions from Settledownnow and private messages from others, so I thought this deserved it's own thread.

So, here is some back ground.

Real Self review thread on Dr Sauceda

@SmilinsShrinking videos of her journey with Dr. Sauceda
This is her youtube page and she has done a lot of videos on her plastics journey with Dr S, so you need to look for the first one on this page and go from there. It's the whole journey and an interview with the Doctor. These are very good.

So, let me tell you what I learned yesterday during my consultation.
  • Because of blood flow issues, Dr S can only do 4 procedures at one time and I want 5, so I need to do one latter. Settledownnow as me about the four procedure issues. There are 5 I want.
  • Arms
  • Thighs
  • Lower body lift - tummy tuck and butt lift
  • Boob lift
  • Upper body lift (photo below on a before and after)
But as I said, it's dangerous to do 5, so I have to pick 4 and do one later. I talked to my PCP last night and she has the DS, so she so gets these issues. We both had the same thought. Boob lift is not expensive and there are lots of Drs that can do it in the Bay Area. On the other hand, an upper body lift is a specialty, so lets do that one in MX. (there are always Bras)

Also, I can add a facelift to the 4 if I want and still trying to decide if I want to do that.​
  • In terms of price, this seems to be $16 to $18k for 4 procedures. This includes 12 days of recovery in MX. About 2 in a hospital and then 10 in a hotel but you will stay in the hospital as long as you need it. Dr and nurse will visit every day
  • Recovery is 6 weeks before you can really do a lot, but you can do work from home during that time.
Feel free to ask questions, but I'm still just learning.

Here is a upper body lift photo - its a guy, but you will get the idea.

upload_2018-12-9_11-9-45.png
Not brave enough to post my back. But, it's pretty bad. It looks a lot like the photo.

• In terms of price, this seems to be $16 to $18k for 4 procedures. This includes 12 days of recovery in MX. About 2 in a hospital and then 10 in a hotel but you will stay in the hospital as long as you need it. Dr and nurse will visit every day
  • Recovery is 6 weeks before you can really do a lot, but you can do work from home during that time.

Good grief that is a deal! Do you have a date in mind? I need to do this.

Good grief that is a deal! Do you have a date in mind? I need to do this

It's a total deal. The work done in SF is about 60k and I will get a Dr that has not done that many WLS patients. If I have to travel to the East Coast or Chicago, how is MX any different.

And what is even better Dr S knows what he is doing and is super safety focused. Did you read the reviews on my real self?

I'm still trying to figure that out with work and all, but most likely late spring or early summer.

I was thinking about you last night and wondering how it had gone!

Thanks for asking (and thinking of me!) It was actually pretty amazing to see what my body could look like. Kind of blew my mind since I did not really realize how bad it was and how much better it could get.

Also asked the Dr if he could make me taller, but he said, he could not do that. ;-) Guess I'm stuck 5'3"

After looking at some photos, I think you made the right decision to have your boobs done elsewhere. In particular, if implants are in your future.

Kind of blew my mind since I did not really realize how bad it was and how much better it could get.

Food for thought!

I've only really considered my boobs, and a passing thought about my tummy (which is fine unless I'm doing yoga poses), but need to decide if babies are in my future or not first. Figure that, if so, I'll get all the work done after. Good to find out about some highly experienced, more affordable options though - so thanks for sharing!

Thanks all!

Well it's gotten more complicated. The Dr can NOT do the Lower body lift and upper body lift at the same time, so that is two trips. :(

Will figure out the recovery time issue, which is really the problem here.

Ok, I have to preface this by saying you are perfect just the way you are, because, well, it's the truth. That said, I totally support plastics if that is your desire. I've had some myself.

If I were picking groups of procedures I would think about doing it in zones, keeping in mind: (1) what I really want to (not) wear, because I use clothing as Andrew Lang says a drunk uses the lamppost, more for support than illumination; and (2) pain and movement during recovery.

So, if I wanted to wear a bikini up top but was okay with a sarong or long board shorts downstairs, I'd probably go with arms, upper body lift and breasts. I'd probably not be happy in a bikini top without all three.

If I was okay throwing a rash guard or t-shirt on top, but really wanted to a do bikini bottoms, or shorts and flirty skirts, I'd go for thighs and lower body lift.

Recovery will be pretty darn painful if arms, legs, and midsection are all freshly cut. Keeping it classy ;) , I'm specifically thinking about getting up and down to the toilet while sore and wearing those super glam compression garments from neck to ankle.

I wish you the best!

Last edited:
I had arms, legs, and midsection done. It sucked LOL. Getting up and down was a process for awhile. But I still preferred it over have multiple separate surgeries

Well, first need to give a shout out to Munchkin for pointing me in the direction of Dr S. :)

My issue really is my core. And it's two surgeries to do a lower body lift and upper body lift period. I do think the way to think about this though might be zones. The bottom - lower body life and legs and then upper body lift.

I need to talk to the Dr though.

Latest posts

Back