Pizza Crust out of Parmesan Cheese

Sheanie

So my latest craze has been thin crust pizza. My son works at Little Caesar's, and they now have that, so he brings me home a special one he invented just for me. The only problem with it is the crust is still flour. But the pizza he makes is outstanding. It's got finely ground bacon on top of the sauce, then cheese over that. So I've been unventing my own version of it at home, flour free.

I buy high quality SHREDDED parmesan cheese, and bake it in rounds on my silicone baking sheet. Next, I let it cool for 4 minutes, then spoon on spaghetti sauce. I am nuts right now about Prego's Bacon Provolone sauce. Then I top that with mozzarella cheese and bacon. Add your own fave toppings, but those are my current faves. Re-bake those. I bake the original parmesan "crust" at 375 degrees, then when I put the "pizza" back in, I turn the oven off. Heat it just until the mozzarella melts.

Now here is the trick: LET IT COOL before spatulating it off the baking sheet, or you'll end up with mush. It only has to cool for about 5 minutes. Then you can get it off intact.

I find that the thin crust it produces is very excellent, and it's almost all protein. I make mine no more than 5 inches across, and I keep them quite thin.

I have got to try this!
on a separate but related note -- is it OK to have pizza but just take off all the toppings and throw away all the crust? I'm going to an event this weekend that's going to have a pizza party and am wondering if its OK to eat it that way or do I need to fill up before I go?
At 30 days out, the spicy may still be too much. And tomato based stuff can be problematic. What you could do is try a small slice at home today or tomorrow...not eating the crust and see how it goes.

It's definitely okay as long as you can handle the tomato based sauce. It made me sick at first, but I'm fine with it now.

Latest posts

Back