Patiently Waiting!

ErinG1980

Hi My Name is Erin G, I remember being told about the switch years ago, before my sleeve surgery, and never thought of it again, until i had my surgery it was mentioned to me, but i was supposed to wait for a bit before getting it if i wanted to get it, but then i ended up not even Just over a year after my Sleeve surgery getting pregnant and again pregnant ( almost exactly 2 years apart) lol which is all i ever wanted, it was one of the main reasons i wanted the surgery, that and amongst other things, now im almost 40 with 2 babies, i gained about 80 lbs or more back after having my last daughter almost 2 years ago, and I need to be healthy and able to do things with my girls, my knees and back give me so much pain, and im always tired, almost worse than before, so im hoping for a quick call to Dr Theriault in Moncton NB, I was so excited when bathurst called me almost right away, and then they call and tell me they dont do the Duodenal, I was so disappointed, but ill be positive, and thanks for the information :D

Hi My Name is Erin G, I remember being told about the switch years ago, before my sleeve surgery, and never thought of it again, until i had my surgery it was mentioned to me, but i was supposed to wait for a bit before getting it if i wanted to get it, but then i ended up not even Just over a year after my Sleeve surgery getting pregnant and again pregnant ( almost exactly 2 years apart) lol which is all i ever wanted, it was one of the main reasons i wanted the surgery, that and amongst other things, now im almost 40 with 2 babies, i gained about 80 lbs or more back after having my last daughter almost 2 years ago, and I need to be healthy and able to do things with my girls, my knees and back give me so much pain, and im always tired, almost worse than before, so im hoping for a quick call to Dr Theriault in Moncton NB, I was so excited when bathurst called me almost right away, and then they call and tell me they dont do the Duodenal, I was so disappointed, but ill be positive, and thanks for the information :D

ErinG1980... Before you have it make sure you can now follow the rules. I'm concerned if you can since you more than likely did not use 2 forms of birth control. It could have had a terrible ending each time for you and your babies. Thank goodness you had the sleeve and not the DS. 18 month wait to get pregnant. Are you willing to comit to taking the 30 to maybe 100 pills a day FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
TRAVEL.Tons of people have traveled to different states, countries and continents to have the DS by a competent surgeon. I traveled from AZ to CA. But some have come from Africa and Europe to have one of the superstars of revisions to the DS work on them. You are worth it!

Hi and welcome! So glad to see you here.
I'm a bit confused, though. Are you saying now that someone from the office of what you thought was a DS surgeon is telling you they don't do the DS? If so, at least that call saved you from a useless consult. But you can ask if there is another surgeon in your province who does the DS, and if not, Dr. Gagner in Montreal does do the DS. It's just important with him to be very clear about what you want and what you don't want, but as far as his skill and experience, there is no question.
If that won't work for you, let us know, and we'll try to come up with other options.

ErinG1980... Before you have it make sure you can now follow the rules. I'm concerned if you can since you more than likely did not use 2 forms of birth control. It could have had a terrible ending each time for you and your babies. Thank goodness you had the sleeve and not the DS. 18 month wait to get pregnant. Are you willing to comit to taking the 30 to maybe 100 pills a day FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
TRAVEL.Tons of people have traveled to different states, countries and continents to have the DS by a competent surgeon. I traveled from AZ to CA. But some have come from Africa and Europe to have one of the superstars of revisions to the DS work on them. You are worth it!
I am more than willing to comit myself 100% to do what i need to do! for my babies! and No i wasent on Birth control the first pregnancy! and that was not the best decision but it was a decision that gave my the best gift of my life and with my second daughter, i WAS on the the pill and still ended up pregnant! after i had her i had my tubes tied to make sure i will not get pregnant again, and if i have to take 500 pills a day i will do it if it will give me a life i can spend with my children and be able to do things and play with them with out being in pain and tired all the time, Ive thought about weight loss surgery for a a VERY long time before my sleeve, and I KNOW the commitment i NEED to make to be successful once again! I am in Canada we have an AMAZING bunch of doctors that do WLS Just some do only Sleeve or Bypass and some will also do the DuoDenal, and thats what im waiting for, the Doctor here in Moncton NB canada who does the duodenal , she has AMAZING reviews and I have not seen anyone have anything negative about her, :D

Hi and welcome! So glad to see you here.
I'm a bit confused, though. Are you saying now that someone from the office of what you thought was a DS surgeon is telling you they don't do the DS? If so, at least that call saved you from a useless consult. But you can ask if there is another surgeon in your province who does the DS, and if not, Dr. Gagner in Montreal does do the DS. It's just important with him to be very clear about what you want and what you don't want, but as far as his skill and experience, there is no question.
If that won't work for you, let us know, and we'll try to come up with other options.
Hey Larra! :D

When I had by Sleeve surgery almost 6 years ago, i was referred to Bathurst NB where Dr Savoie did my Surgery he was FANTASTIC!! so when I finally decided to go for the DS i naturally wanted to be referred to him thinking he would be able to do it, so they called me from his office and made an appointment and a few days later, as they were looking over my file they realized i already had the sleeve they canceled my appointment and called my family doctor and got him to refer me to Dr Theriault in Moncton NB who does the DS! I also went to my doctor to make sure he knew i needed to be referred there, so NOW im just waiting for a call from them! lol

Erin, it sounds like you have everything in order and will get to the right surgeon for your DS. I'm so glad! The DS is going to make a huge difference in your life, and you will be able to do so much more with and for your kids - and for yourself also, of course. Great decision!

Latest posts

Back