Old timer

TishaG62

Good morning. I had Roux N Y back in 1997 (Dr. Alan Wittgrove, San Diego CA). Lost 100 lbs..kept it off until I retired in 2018. 30 lbs creeped back and am currently on Atkins type meal plans to lose it. I have had anemia in the past, some reflux issues in the last 2 years and recent blood work shows my B12 was a tad high, so just figured I'd join to see if anyone else who had surgery years ago are having similar issues. Have a great day!

Welcome TishaG62
What is your last B12 with ranges?
Sounds like low carb is working for you. We have plenty of low carb recipes in this board: https://bariatricfacts.org/forums/recipes.17/
It was in the 1200 range...just a tad over. I realized the supplement I have been buying at Sam's Club for years increased the doseage to 5000 mcg. So instead of one a day..now taking one every other day. I'm quite versed in low carb, I used to admin an Atkins/Keto group on FB, but I'll check out the recipes. If anyone else is interested, Pinterest has 1000's! Thanks for the Welcome.

It was in the 1200 range...just a tad over. I realized the supplement I have been buying at Sam's Club for years increased the doseage to 5000 mcg. So instead of one a day..now taking one every other day. I'm quite versed in low carb, I used to admin an Atkins/Keto group on FB, but I'll check out the recipes. If anyone else is interested, Pinterest has 1000's! Thanks for the Welcome.
Around here, several of us consistently test over 2000. I know the test has the high end below 1000 but you really want it up above 1000.

Latest posts

Back