OH BMI over 55 group?

JJ The Jet Plane

Any of you regulars from the Old OH BMI over 55 group?

I found many people to be supportive of one another and I really enjoyed the support we were able to give one another, regardless of which surgery. We all shared many of the same experiences in being SMO.

So is anyone here from over there..?? I was very active 3-5 years ago and only stop in 5-6 times a year now.

I am not from the over 55 BMI Group however, I think you will find great support here some with BMI over 55 and some not.

Oh yeah it was over 50 not 55-- I was just wondering what happened to a few of those people, they have disappeared from OH after the changes, (me too) there were some very supportive people that I hope find their way here.

There were many sleevers who were BMI 70+ I always wondered how they fared without malabsorption. Just curious, because I had a BMI in the 80's and they wanted to sleeve me and I chose the DS and found a new surgeon. Like this site that board included all surgeries and I was always interested in how some people made out, health wise and their level of success, were they happy with their choice? etc. I may have to go looking for some of them, they were very good to me.

there are a lot of OHers I'd like to find - we had such a large group of regulars and even more lurkers. it all added up to a good chance you could find someone to talk with about anything you were interested in.

I think some stopped posting when their results were less than hoped for (me for example). Some have lost the weight and simply moved on in their lives. I think if the board is not meeting your needs you tend to drift on.

I did like that people on that board understood we were not going to hit "goal" in 6 months. There was a little more discussion about longer term strategies.

MsVee

I wasn't over there, but I have a BMI of 62. Looks like I'll be in it for the long haul.

Yup. You're also young, and that's statistically in your favor for long-term % EWL with DS. The good news is you're having the most effective surgery and you have an awesome (ahem) support group. And still, yeah, it takes more time to lose more weight. But we're not going anywhere.

Yup. You're also young, and that's statistically in your favor for long-term % EWL with DS. The good news is you're having the most effective surgery and you have an awesome (ahem) support group. And still, yeah, it takes more time to lose more weight. But we're not going anywhere.
Yeah. But the good news is, I'll lose weight even faster in the beginning*
*in theory

;) My optimistic hope is to lose 100lbs by august. I have like, 220lbs to lose. We'll just have to see how fast I lose. No telling.

^^^Crossing my fingers for you. Actually, it's certainly possible. Just depends on how your system reacts to your DS.

You're gonna know in no-time!!

Latest posts

Back