NSV

hilary1617

First time at the rodeo.
Okay, according to weather.com it is -12 F in my zip code and with the wind chill, the calculated "feels like" temperature is -34F, which is on par with Siberia. Since surgery, I've been cold-blooded and have become my 98 year old aunt with a sweater on in August. Funny, because I always had a tendency to overheat before with the extra fluff keeping me warm.

In any case, I have to fly into NYC for a few days this week which means I will I have to walk the four blocks between my office and hotel because I almost never have the good fortune of encountering an available taxicab.

I made a poor shopping choice this season and the cold just laughs at the frail down parka I bought last month at a camping goods store. I knew something must be done to survive this week's office to hotel trek during the polar vortex.

So, last night at negative something Fahrenheit in the dark, half an hour before mall closing time, I finally gained the resolve to leave my cozy cocoon of a home and venture into the arctic chill to buy a warm coat. I told the sales assistant that I didn't care about appearance, I just wanted the warmest coat available. She brought over a selection and I left with a very heavy hooded ankle length sherling coat. She cut off the tags on the spot and I wore it out of the store.

It wasn't until I went to hang it up in my closet until I saw the letter in the middle of the little tag in the back of the collar. "M". That's a first! And it's a very long way from size 30... :)

Fantastic!! Great to see you here, in so many ways.

San Jose, CA 5 Day Weather Forecast

Tonight Jan 6

62°F Observed High 3:25 pm
38°F
Mostly Cloudy; Chance of precip: 0%; Wind: S at 2 mph

Tue Jan 7
63°/40°
AM Clouds / PM Sun; Chance of rain: 0%; Wind: NW at 7 mph

Wed Jan 8
58°/42°
Partly Cloudy; Chance of rain: 20%; Wind: NW at 8 mph

Thu Jan 9
60°/42°
Partly Cloudy; Chance of rain: 20%; Wind: NW at 10 mph

Fri Jan 10
66°/43°
Sunny; Chance of rain: 0%; Wind: N at 8 mph

On the other hand, the lack of storms out here this winter has led to dire predictions of water shortages and a re-invocation of the hippy chant from the 70s:

“If it’s yellow, let it mellow; if it’s brown, flush it down.”

I am not looking forward to that during the summer, that's fer damn sure.

Diana, Glad to be here. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm totally jealous of your current weather. I'd be more jealous if you relocated to Hawaii, of course! ;) We've got lots of water being next to the big pond here. It seems at this point it may never thaw, but I promise to chop off a block of ice and ship it your way should the summer shortages come...

Thanks for sharing in my joy! It was such a lovely surprise.

Ironically 15 minutes before the car was scheduled to pick me up and take me to the airport, my amazing boss called to ask me to cancel the trip based concern for my welfare. So, I ended up being all dressed up in my warm-as-toast size M coat with no place to go! Ah well, it will come to use tomorrow.

Newanatomy, you will join me in the M-ness sooner than you think!

Congrats! When I was at my highest (a very tight 24W), my sister and I used to shop together and venture over to the regular sizes. Neither of us could fit in them at the time, but we would hold them up and marvel at how tiny they were. Many times I held up a L or a 14 and said I couldn't even fit my dead decomposing bones in it. I also am now an "M". Mind blowing, isn't it?

The other day I found a nice dress a friend had given me recently, hanging in a closet in our spare room. When I wondered how it got there my husband said he had put it there because he thought one of our daughters had left it here. He then made me try it on to prove I could wear that "little thing." That is the second time he has done something like that. I love my new things, Sure beats the 6x moo moos.

a medium…hmmmm….I last saw a medium when FAME was on tv and talking like a Valley Girl was the cool new thing haha.
I hope a medium is in my future, too! Thanks for sharing your NSV -- very motivating!!!!
Medium is in your future...I wear anywhere from a small to a large depending on how the top is made and who made it.

Latest posts

Back