1. Bookmarks current system will be replaced when we upgrade. Please open your bookmarks and copy to a text document to save them. The current system will be uninstalled 31 Dec 2018

NSV after all these years

Discussion in 'Duodenal Switch' started by Millie, Aug 2, 2018.

Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

So I rarely post, but had to share here...
    DS was 4/29/13. SW 270. LW 137 at a year post op. Enjoyed being “little” and “tiny” for a year or so. Also suffered a bit of body dysmorphia, as I actually looked unhealthy, and was embarrassed to see people for a while. On top of this, suffered severe professional trauma, lost my job of 30 years, ( that’s a story for another day), and consequently endured an emotional breakdown. Treatment included heavy duty antidepressants, which, of course, resulted in about 40 pound regain.
    Flash forward five years, I am happier than ever, and thriving in a whole new career. My life is incredible. I am off the heavy duty meds, and have accepted the regain. I have carbs if I feel like it, never step on the scale, just know I feel better if I don’t indulge. I’m pleased when I accidentally catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.
    So here’s the NSV: for my entire professional career I wore scrubs. As big as 3X and as small as S. In my new career I have to dress for work. I was recently promoted in a job I never dreamed existed. As I drove home today, I thought how different my life would be if I was still 270 pounds. I believe part of the reason I’ve been so successful in this position is that I can dress business casual and not think twice about it. I remember how painful clothes used to be. Physically and emotionally.
    It’s been quite a journey! But here I am. And I’m happy :cool:

hilary1617

hilary1617 First time at the rodeo.

Great news Millie! May the journey get even better from here on out!

JackieOnLine and Millie like this.
    DianaCox

DianaCox Bad Cop

I love a happy ending story! Which is actually a new beginning story.

galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Well, what is so awesome, is you still appreciate it. I'm reaching my 2 year mark and I'm so happy being thin. And I look at the people further out eveyone is so grateful. It feels like a new life everyday and I so pleased to read you feel that way still.

Enjoy the NSV. I hope they keep magically coming and making your life more wonderful.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

AND that is the best NSV of all. Being happy!

JackieOnLine, galaxygrrl and Millie like this.
    Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

You can't beat happy and a dream job. Congratulations!

JackieOnLine

JackieOnLine Moderator Staff Member

what a wonderful story; thanks for sharing it with us!

Millie likes this.
    Innervision

Innervision Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your successes. It was reading NSV and gratitude lists on here that convinced me to have the DS 9 months ago. So glad I did!