Not a boast - not hungry enough

DianaCox

Bad Cop
This is getting annoying and a little concerning. I get sorta hungry every few hours, and I try to eat, like I should, but I can’t eat much. I can’t really eat nearly enough. Restaurant eating is nearly pointless, and we haven’t gone out much recently for that reason.

Tried again tonight, and I was starving when we got to the second restaurant (wait was too long at the first choice). Sushi - what’s not to like? Charles ordered stuffed jalapeños and a California roll and I special ordered a rainbow roll with soft shell crab inside, and a Kirin.

I had my miso soup, half of one piece of a jalapeño, one slice of my sushi roll - and I was done. Nose-running full.

I’m glad we didn’t get into the other restaurant, which would have been twice as much.

I’m heading to LA in the morning for a weekend of eating and drinking (prewedding party, wedding and dim sum Monday morning followed by lunch with Spiky Bugger) and socializing. I’m already sad about all the deliciousness that’s going to be placed in front of me and I won’t be able to eat.

Weird problem to have at almost 15 years out.

Just takes a while. Enjoy it while you have it!!!

Best case scenario for me would be to hate food for 6 months or so but I am sure yours won;'t last that long!

I think Settledownnow is right. Especially with the hernia repair and muscle plication, you have renewed restriction and you're not used to it. You know the drill - get in your protein, there should be delicious options at the wedding and dim sum has lots of good choices. The restriction should gradually lessen.

This is getting annoying and a little concerning. I get sorta hungry every few hours, and I try to eat, like I should, but I can’t eat much. I can’t really eat nearly enough. Restaurant eating is nearly pointless, and we haven’t gone out much recently for that reason.

Tried again tonight, and I was starving when we got to the second restaurant (wait was too long at the first choice). Sushi - what’s not to like? Charles ordered stuffed jalapeños and a California roll and I special ordered a rainbow roll with soft shell crab inside, and a Kirin.

I had my miso soup, half of one piece of a jalapeño, one slice of my sushi roll - and I was done. Nose-running full.

I’m glad we didn’t get into the other restaurant, which would have been twice as much.

I’m heading to LA in the morning for a weekend of eating and drinking (prewedding party, wedding and dim sum Monday morning followed by lunch with Spiky Bugger) and socializing. I’m already sad about all the deliciousness that’s going to be placed in front of me and I won’t be able to eat.

Weird problem to have at almost 15 years out.

Maybe we should skip lunch. No sense going to a place that will make you WISH you could eat...when you can't.

We have ZERO problems just picking you up and getting you to the airport. It's not like we've never met and never had a meal together and all that. We can do the lunch part another time.

Think about it.

We'll see you Monday either way...but you can spend more time not eating dim sum instead of not eating dim sum and beef dip.

(And besides, I'm back on Flagyl again. This time he wrote the Rx for 500 mg, tid, x 14 days. I think that's overkill, but let's see how the first week goes. I'm not "well" but the Flagyl seems to be beating the SIBO/IBS-D symptoms, so I'm no longer "sick." I'm on the cusp, I guess.)

Nope - I’ll take out what I can’t eat at the restaurant and scarf it before going through security - my flight isn’t until 3:30.

Just got dropped off at the airport by Mr. and Mrs. Sue, and I’m chowing down on the rest of my wonderful French Dip sandwich before going through security. Once again, we forgot to take a pic, so you’ll just have to trust me that it happened.

Latest posts

Back