No appetite

Charris

Now an angel
I have no appetite. I have noticed me buying lots of food and throwing it away or giving it to pepper. Im trying to drink 2 premire protein drinks a day because they have 30 grams of protein. The only thing i can really eat is breakfast foods. So for breakfast i can get in 30 grams with the egg, cheddar, and breakfast meat. Does anyone else ever go through these phases, if so what do you do?

If breakfast foods are all you can manage, eat breakfast food regardless of the time of day. NO ONE said breakfast food is just for breakfast.

I go thru times when I don't care to eat but it's no longer optional. We have to eat.

what Liz said - and I hope it is temporary but meanwhile, eat anyway like it's your medicine you have to take.

I am eating at least 1 meal and 2 shakes. I dont know why breakfast food is the only thing that i have no problem eating that and rice. I try to fake myself out by adding meat to the rice but it doesn't work well pepper sits right next to me like yeah we're having chinese tonight. I can meet the protein requirements eating breakfast and 2 shakes but im not sure about calorie requirements because we never really had one we go off protein. Thanks to one of my angels here I found the premade premire protein shakes and they are 30 grams. Honestly I could eat breakfast 2 or 3 times a day. The problem with that is it would give me the runs from all the grease. Bouncing back and forth between 115-120 is fine because that puts me on the high side of normal.
I'm going to figure it out because like i said i can't afford to loose weight or to become malnourised because I'm working my buddy Spiky Bugger to death. She cant get a break trying to keep my azz alive. Last night i had something new the oil slick came out my nose all night.

I love her and all of my site family. When i think about how we all met I sit back and laugh

Last edited:
Maybe for your breakfast in the evening you could try different meats that are a little less fatty like Canadian bacon (less fat), ham (can you eat salty foods though?), turkey sausage, chicken sausage, steak, etc.

Maybe for your breakfast in the evening you could try different meats that are a little less fatty like Canadian bacon (less fat), ham (can you eat salty foods though?), turkey sausage, chicken sausage, steak, etc.

With the swelling issue i should watch salt but i havent adhered to that since the stents. I eat a lot of breakfast burros for breakfast. I dont mind eating the same breakfast meat if it were not for oil slicks. I have added mashed, fried, or baked potatoes and boiled eggs i can eat when i dont want to eat

Last night here was pork chop and eggs.

But, given all the restrictions I have due to miscellaneous conditions including that I can’t stand long enough to do any real meal prep (which I never REALLY enjoyed), nothing sounds enticing, or delicious. He pulls chicken, fish, pork chops or, once a week, steak or other beef and says something like, “Pork chops.” And I say, “With eggs.” Other than that, it always seems like “the juice just ain’t worth the squeeze.”

However...there is now a MINT Moosetracks ice cream...which I would never buy, after I finish this carton.

If you can tolerate the carbs, matzoh brei:

2 eggs, scrambled with a little milk
A couple of teaspoons of dried diced onion
1 matzoh, crumbled, and soaked in warm water, then most of the water squeezed out

Mix together and fry in butter, trying to keep it like a frittata, so it browns on the bottom and then flip (I cut in half because I just have never managed to learn the flip).

Salt and eat. Can be rewarmed in the microwave if you can’t eat it all at once

If you can tolerate the carbs, matzoh brei:

2 eggs, scrambled with a little milk
A couple of teaspoons of dried diced onion
1 matzoh, crumbled, and soaked in warm water, then most of the water squeezed out

Mix together and fry in butter, trying to keep it like a frittata, so it browns on the bottom and then flip (I cut in half because I just have never managed to learn the flip).

Salt and eat. Can be rewarmed in the microwave if you can’t eat it all at once
I have never tried that!

I find a simple protein snack is boiled ham slice rolled up in swiss cheese.

Easy to buy. Easy to make. Easy to eat.

And because it's just slices, if you can't finish, toss it in a plastic sandwich bag for later

To me, the texture of matzoh brei is a lot nicer than plain scrambled eggs. Use egg and onion matzoh if you can find it. You can also add a little garlic powder if you want, but for me, that’s a little much for breakfast anymore. Which as a Transylvanian, is sad - I used to eat garlic with practically everything.

With the swelling issue i should watch salt but i havent adhered to that since the stents. I eat a lot of breakfast burros for breakfast. I dont mind eating the same breakfast meat if it were not for oil slicks. I have added mashed, fried, or baked potatoes and boiled eggs i can eat when i dont want to eat

Hash browns! Yummy! Of course, the risk may be oil slicks. It depends on how sensitive you are.

I am eating at least 1 meal and 2 shakes. I dont know why breakfast food is the only thing that i have no problem eating that and rice. I try to fake myself out by adding meat to the rice but it doesn't work well pepper sits right next to me like yeah we're having chinese tonight. I can meet the protein requirements eating breakfast and 2 shakes but im not sure about calorie requirements because we never really had one we go off protein. Thanks to one of my angels here I found the premade premire protein shakes and they are 30 grams. Honestly I could eat breakfast 2 or 3 times a day. The problem with that is it would give me the runs from all the grease. Bouncing back and forth between 115-120 is fine because that puts me on the high side of normal.
I'm going to figure it out because like i said i can't afford to loose weight or to become malnourised because I'm working my buddy Spiky Bugger to death. She cant get a break trying to keep my azz alive. Last night i had something new the oil slick came out my nose all night.

I love her and all of my site family. When i think about how we all met I sit back and laugh
Do you tolerate heavy whipping cream okay? When I am having a tiny tummy week I mix a small amount of heavy whipping cream (maybe an ounce to an ounce and a half) in with each of my Premier Chocolate shakes to get a little fat in. It's probably a bit like the coyote holding the tiny umbrella over his head as the huge boulder is falling from above but it at least allows me to do something.

Edit I'm a doof, I didn't read downthread before replying and see that fat intake is giving you trouble. Sorry about that. Spiking my Premiers with HWC has worked for me but usually when I am having tiny tummy times I am plugged up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back