New. Probably getting DS

Bypass has never been an option on my list. I have been in contact with one of my doctors previous patients and am feeling way more comfortable. It makes sense that he can't wake me up and get my opinion in the middle of the procedure so he asks the what if questions ahead of time. It makes sense and I am glad he thinks far enough ahead to be prepared for whatever he finds when he gets in there.

Bypass has never been an option on my list. I have been in contact with one of my doctors previous patients and am feeling way more comfortable. It makes sense that he can't wake me up and get my opinion in the middle of the procedure so he asks the what if questions ahead of time. It makes sense and I am glad he thinks far enough ahead to be prepared for whatever he finds when he gets in there.
Well if that makes you feel comfortable then fine.

Congratulations! I hope you got the DS that you wanted. Now walk, sip (when permitted) and focus on recovery and your new life.

Special shout out to pugcrazy she has been a super patient and kind person who has guided me through this whole process. And thank you to all the bari facts people who have answered all my questions. You have made this process a positive journey. Thank You!!!!

Had surgery today. Very sore. Doing okay.
I guess my scale was off. I thought I was 266 and I weighed in at 262.4. Yeah me. Tired!!!
Congratulations and welcome to a new future! It's going to be tough for a while. Hang in there and above all else, stay hydrated. It'll get a bit better every day.

Is any way to get the air out of your system after surgery? I am in alot of pain. Looking for any recommendations

So I tried sleeping in the bed. It did not go well so I am in the living room in a recliner. Gas still hurting in my chest and shoulders. Just took liq. Pain meds and did a lap around the house and I peed. I have one of my holes that is bleeding, but my Dr. Said it was fine because it was fluid and blood mixed. Leaked 2 times in hospital and now once since home. What a mess. Luckily we have a puppy and hence puppy pads. I think the hiatial hernia repair is what hurts in my chest.

Congratulations! I had a hernia repair and it was very painful. It definitely gets better. Hang in there. Make sure you stay hydrated and walk as much as you can it really does help.

So I tried sleeping in the bed. It did not go well so I am in the living room in a recliner. Gas still hurting in my chest and shoulders. Just took liq. Pain meds and did a lap around the house and I peed. I have one of my holes that is bleeding, but my Dr. Said it was fine because it was fluid and blood mixed. Leaked 2 times in hospital and now once since home. What a mess. Luckily we have a puppy and hence puppy pads. I think the hiatial hernia repair is what hurts in my chest.
Yes, bed sleeping is hard at first. If I remember correctly when you do get there (bed sleeping) the left side is best to lay on. I used an armchair pillow (the type you put behind you to sit and read in bed that has arms on it) to keep me semi upright in bed. Helped a lot. I hope things go well for you.

Still really sore. I can feel it when I swallow ice water. I did get my 64oz in today. After the first couple sips it is not as bad, but those first couple suck. Blood sugar still 125-130, but bp is fantastic. Hr us high, but I think that is from the pain. I had DS & hiatal hernia repair at same time.

Latest posts

Back