New Member. Carolynn R

Carolynn R

Hello from Carolynn R. I had RNY13 years ago Start weight 425 lost 225 over 2 years and in last couple of years gaining steadily back up to 300. I am currently looking to have RNY to DS Donne and have spoken with a couple of Surgeons ,Dr Keshishian, Dr Cottam Dr Nichoy. I really need advice because I'm looking at surgery in next month or so great to be here

Hi and welcome Carolynn R ! :) Dr. Keshishian has an amazing reputation and is the only one of those you've listed I would let perform a RNY to DS revision, given the difficulty level. Wishing you all the best!

Hi and welcome! Dr. Keshishian is one of the very best, especially for these complicated revisions. Also, he does the standard of care DS with 2 anastomoses, whereas Dr. Cottam only does the non-standard SADI/SIPS/loop DS, which is still considered experimental. Long term results for this procedure are not well established, whereas those for the standard of care DS are known to be the best of any bariatric surgery for percentage excess weight loss, for maintenance of that weight loss, and for permanent resolution of almost all comorbidities. Especially for a revision, I would go for the tried and true.

Hello I am Carolynn Rehbein and live in NM. I had RNY done 13 years ago. Pre surgical weight 420 after2 years 190. Wish I would have stayed there but over time I'm up to 300. Now researching for a great surgeon to revise my RNY to DS. Looking for guidance.....

Carolynn R there is no one in NM doing the DS, much less revisions of RNY to DS. In addition to those already mentioned, you could look into Dr. Ayoola in Denton, TX, or Dr. Simper in Utah. I think those are the closest to NM. Since so few surgeons do these complex revisions, many people need o travel to get them, so the surgeons who do them are accustomed to working with patients from out of town.

Hello and Welcome, I second that Dr Cottom does not perform the traditional 2 anastomosis DS so do not use him(I spoke to him in my research process and he confirmed he is doing the SIPS procedure so no hearsay, I heard it straight from the horses mouth). I had a revision with Dr Simper in SLC he did great job and I am happy with my revision. Do your homework and make the best decision for you!

Latest posts

Back