New Life, New Hope - 16 Weeks Post-Op

Parousia

Hi all

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Fibromyalgia flares, marriage issues and life in general have been getting the better of me, I'm afraid. My weight loss slowed right down, although it has picked up again over the last couple of weeks, thankfully!

One bit of good news is that as from about 12 weeks out, my worst swallowing issues were resolved. I'm able to swallow tablets again (it took a few days to realise I could) and have ordered Vitalady's full regimen. I'm just hoping it's not too late to get on track with my supplementation to avoid having to go the TPN route. Supplements should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm also able to manage non-puréed meat, which I couldn't before.

Oddly, I've been losing weight differently from previous occasions. My legs were always a stubborn area. This time, I've dropped several pants sizes, but I'm the same bust size (although I've lost on my arms and under-bust, waist, etc.). A great NSV is that my once too-tight favourite pants are now several sizes too big and would fall off without the belt I wear with them (which now fits again). I did realise after seeing photos, that being able to keep them up isn't enough to make them wearable, unfortunately. They are altogether too baggy!

Anyway, I'll try not to drop off the face of the earth again. Tough times still, though. I hope you have all been thriving (or at least doing better than me)! I've missed you and this group/forum.

Last edited:
Great to see a post from you! Life definitely isn't always fun and sorry about that. So happy for the things that are going well for you though.

Latest posts

Back