New and looking for help

Crystal Horne

Hello, I had my DS surgery almost 9 years ago. I followed the directions my doctor told me with high protein and low carb. Over the first year, I almost died but the surgeon said he could fix what he did wrong. After several years of weight fluctuations I stabilized out at 177 to 180.

This year though I was told my copper and zinc were extremely low. I have been in the hospital 5 times. I go for element infusion twice a week and the doctor told me that my DS has caused cirrhosis of the liver which put me in a coma. I have also developed extremely low blood pressure from my body not absorbing nutrients properly. I have never been a drinker in my life.

At this point they want to talk about trying to fix my insides from DS. Does anyone know if there are well trusted Doctors that do this?

Any help is appreciated. I have felt like my life is being stolen away by doctors and treatments.

Starting weight: 340 pounds
Todays weight: 137 pounds
Height: 5'10

Thank you,
Crystal:frown:

Welcome! I'm sorry you have had so many problems.
I would recommend you consult with either Dr. John Rabkin of Pacific Laparoscopy in San Francisco, or Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale, CA (a suburb of Los Angeles). Both are very experienced DS surgeons who have also worked with people struggling with nutritional problems, and who have lots of experience with revisions (if needed).

I would recommend you consult with either Dr. John Rabkin of Pacific Laparoscopy in San Francisco, or Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale, CA (a suburb of Los Angeles). Both are very experienced DS surgeons who have also worked with people struggling with nutritional problems, and who have lots of experience with revisions (if needed).

Thank you for the names. I will contact them.

FYI - Dr. Keshishian no longer practices in Glendale, CA; instead, his office is in Pasadena, next to Huntington Hospital.

Hi and welcome Crystal Horne ! I'm sorry you have been so sick and agree with the recommendations for Dr. Keshisian and Dr. Rabkin. I also would not return to the original surgeon, given the results. What is your daily vitamin/minerals supplementation routine?

Hello, I had my DS surgery almost 9 years ago. I followed the directions my doctor told me with high protein and low carb. Over the first year, I almost died but the surgeon said he could fix what he did wrong. After several years of weight fluctuations I stabilized out at 177 to 180.

This year though I was told my copper and zinc were extremely low. I have been in the hospital 5 times. I go for element infusion twice a week and the doctor told me that my DS has caused cirrhosis of the liver which put me in a coma. I have also developed extremely low blood pressure from my body not absorbing nutrients properly. I have never been a drinker in my life.

At this point they want to talk about trying to fix my insides from DS. Does anyone know if there are well trusted Doctors that do this?

Any help is appreciated. I have felt like my life is being stolen away by doctors and treatments.

Starting weight: 340 pounds
Todays weight: 137 pounds
Height: 5'10

Thank you,
Crystal:frown:
I’m so sorry your going through this. I have no advise for you but I’m sending you tons of hugs.

Latest posts

Back