Need some motivation!

SwitchedUp

Rock Star
Alright, so I have gone from 262lbs to 150lbs and am trying to not lose more since I am happy right where I am, looks wise. HOWEVER, I'm am a skinny fat person in terms of being in shape. Embarassed to say that I don't work out or exercise at all. I need some motivation to get fit. Not sure how I can do it without losing any more weight, but I'll try! I'll have to focus more on muscle building tan most, mayhaps. Any motivation would be appreciated, whether it be encouragement or a swift ass kicking. Thanks!

IF you find the motivation, send some to me! I despise exercise per se...my preferred type is what people do as everyday life or as hobbies (walking the dog, cleaning house, working in the yard) But it's too damned cold for most of that.

Me, too! I did order Turbofire, so maybe I'll throw that in today and give it a whirl. I bought a new elliptical a few months ago that I absolutely LOVE, but can't do it for very long since I'm so out of shape and can't build up because of that motivation thing....lol

Yeah, I don't like exercise either. Right now I have an excuse not to, lol. After my plastics on Dec 2nd I am still on a 10lb lifting restriction. When I asked Dr. Lokeh about exercise at my last visit he looked at me like I was crazy. He said no for a while yet. That's fine with me, lol. But really, muscle toning is something that I am going to need to do as well. I don't want to lose anymore either. Althought, with weight lifting, you'll gain muscle so you'll gain some weight with that. Once you start working out, increase your protein to help with muscle repair after working them out. You may need to increase carbs as well if you find yourself losing weight.

Yeah, I don't like exercise either. Right now I have an excuse not to, lol. After my plastics on Dec 2nd I am still on a 10lb lifting restriction. When I asked Dr. Lokeh about exercise at my last visit he looked at me like I was crazy. He said no for a while yet. That's fine with me, lol. But really, muscle toning is something that I am going to need to do as well. I don't want to lose anymore either. Althought, with weight lifting, you'll gain muscle so you'll gain some weight with that. Once you start working out, increase your protein to help with muscle repair after working them out. You may need to increase carbs as well if you find yourself losing weight.

I dream of the day I can have plastics done. What all did you have done? I want to see your before and afters ;) I have already upped my carbs in an attempt to not lose anymore. It isn't working very well, tho. My body thinks it needs to be smaller, I guess.

I hate to sweat, unless I'm hiking or otherwise having a good time ;)
So, for me, I like heavy weights.. plus I love muscles.. and it's nice that you can pick up some weights for a few mins a day, do them till you literally can't anymore (move slow, and your muscles will punk out before you know it..) and you will feel it the next day.. do that for just a couple mins a day while you do other things.. within a couple weeks, you'll see a change, and be hooked. I ended up going a tad too low for my body doing some weight lifting, now I'm a tad too high (my fault, carbs and such the last few weeks) my normal, non-boney range is in the mid/mid high 140s..

I hate to sweat, unless I'm hiking or otherwise having a good time ;)
So, for me, I like heavy weights.. plus I love muscles.. and it's nice that you can pick up some weights for a few mins a day, do them till you literally can't anymore (move slow, and your muscles will punk out before you know it..) and you will feel it the next day.. do that for just a couple mins a day while you do other things.. within a couple weeks, you'll see a change, and be hooked. I ended up going a tad too low for my body doing some weight lifting, now I'm a tad too high (my fault, carbs and such the last few weeks) my normal, non-boney range is in the mid/mid high 140s..
Awesome idea!! I use to lift in high school and loved it. I'm headed out of town tomorrow and plan to pick up some free weights. Sad thing is, we do have a bow flex and the elliptical. I also bought Turbofire and just tried that during nap time here. It went from nap time to sounding like a zoo in here! I must've been looking like such a fool that my parrot started squaking uncontrollably, which set the dogs off. Ugh! lol

Exercise to me was like learning how to eat post-op: some trial and error to see what's a good fit :) Everyone is different, some people love the gym, some people hate it, some like classes, some outdoor stuff. I also programmed my head that it was necessary, like everything else, but finding something I truly enjoyed made a difference. I kept trying things until I found what I liked and would actually do. I wanted to like running, it's easy to do when traveling...but I can't stand it! I like weight training too, I've done bootcamp, spin and other combo aerobic type classes. Yoga and pilates are truly fantastic but they're just not for me, I need higher energy stuff. I've also got what I call my 'quickies' when I don't have time, I like the eliptical cross country or stepper and will do 30 minutes interval training (upping the levels every minute, doing a couple of high level minutes, back down, repeat) with some great music cranking from my iPod. I also do genuinely love to hike now, a benefit of living in California I didn't have in Chicago.

Last edited:
Exercise to me was like learning how to eat post-op: some trial and error to see what's a good fit :) Everyone is different, some people love the gym, some people hate it, some like classes, some outdoor stuff. I also programmed my head that it was necessary, like everything else, but finding something I truly enjoyed made a difference. I kept trying things until I found what I liked and would actually do. I wanted to like running, it's easy to do when traveling...but I can't stand it! I like weight training too, I've done bootcamp, spin and other combo aerobic type classes. Yoga and pilates are truly fantastic but they're just not for me, I need higher energy stuff. I've also got what I call my 'quickies' when I don't have time, I like the eliptical cross country or stepper and will do 30 minutes interval training (upping the levels every minute, doing a couple of high level minutes, back down, repeat) with some great music cranking from my iPod. I also do genuinely love to hike now, a benefit of living in California I didn't have in Chicago.
I just need to muster up the will power to stop making excuses and just DO it. Wish there was a pill for that. lol

Well, as they say, if you FIND that, you'll be a millionaire :) I remember when I started exercising, a little over 20 years ago, and it pretty much sucked :) But that was also because I was still heavy and I was miserable and humiliated. Look at the bright side, you're light now! You just have to do it, don't think about it - only think when you're trying to find something you like. I also found after experimenting with various times of the day - lunch time during work, after work, etc, that doing it before work was best for me, because then I'd be consistent. Work late too much or have things to go to. Also going the same time helped me get into a routine.

I dream of the day I can have plastics done. What all did you have done? I want to see your before and afters ;) I have already upped my carbs in an attempt to not lose anymore. It isn't working very well, tho. My body thinks it needs to be smaller, I guess.

I started a thread in the plastics forum. You can see before and afters there!

I officially hate exercise and never do it. I am much more active, though, than I was pre-op and that helps. I like things now like gardening and cleaning and walking places, which helps.

Latest posts

Back