Need help getting back on track

Blue123

I need advice and encouragement. I had a Vsg to DS revision 5 months ago. I have lost about 40 pounds. I have not been following the eating recommendations the last month or so. I just can't get motivated and so I have not lost much weight. Please give me some suggestions and encouragement:)

I don't have the D.S, just the sleeve but it is my understanding that if you don't follow the eating recommendations (and vitamin regime?) that you could get yourself in trouble. Not enough protein etc.
I'm sure you're going to get a lot of people telling you that this is the best phase to lose weight, don't waste it, etc etc. But my first thought is that I hope you're up for the lifestyle change that came with the surgery.

Anyways, because I have the sleeve and I know what its like to go way way off track, I can only say that I know how hard it is to get your mojo back. And I really do feel your pain. But the good news is, is that you've only gotten off track for a month, you still have plenty of time left in the "honeymoon phase." Also, for me, reminding me of the things that I could have back if I wasn't fat anymore is sometimes a good motivation. For example, I would love to get back to the types of exercise I did before, things that were more interesting than walking. And I would love to be able to travel and not lose my breath every time I had to climb a set of stairs.

Good luck and keep us updated.

No secrets here. Eat Less More Often -ELMO. This simply means eating small "meals" 6-8 times daily and taking a focus that is protein first (100-150 grams daily) then hydrate sufficiently and take your needed vitamins.

There is no magic pill. You simply have to use the tool you were given.

I don't have the D.S, just the sleeve but it is my understanding that if you don't follow the eating recommendations (and vitamin regime?) that you could get yourself in trouble. Not enough protein etc.
Eating recommendation for the DS is simple, protein first, fat second, and carbs last. But not eating enough causes weight loss stalls and can even cause weight gain.

But vitamins, the recommendations for starting out are here in the Vitalady list. We all need to start there and then tweak based on our labs as we move forward.

@Blue123 You need to get motivated and clean up your way of eating. Make sure your focus is on protein and fat. Limit carbs. AND AS Scott said, ELMO. YOU are now a hobbit!
Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
[Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.]
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

I love the eat like a hobbit bit even though I try to eat just three meals a day with a few snacks thrown in for good measure. I can't be searching for protein options 6 to 8 times a day. Of course, I am getting close to 3 years out so it is easy for me to meet my protein requirements.

I usually have a cappuccino and a banana for breakfast then have a protein laden lunch and then a dinner with meat and veggies. Snack for me is usually some popcorn with butter and maybe some fruit for something sweet. I drink a ton of water and some artificially sweetened tea throughout the day. So far, no trouble maintaining my weight.

I never wanted the burden of having to come up with a bunch of small meals all day. Who has time for that? I am afraid it would just lead to me grazing on junk all the time. Good thing we are all individuals and can choose what works for us.

I need advice and encouragement. I had a Vsg to DS revision 5 months ago. I have lost about 40 pounds. I have not been following the eating recommendations the last month or so. I just can't get motivated and so I have not lost much weight. Please give me some suggestions and encouragement:)
Do you have a theory about why you cant get motivated to follow the eating recommendations? There was a time when you were very motivated to succeed, just by commiting to a revision to DS to achieve success. What happened?

Do you have a theory about why you cant get motivated to follow the eating recommendations? There was a time when you were very motivated to succeed, just by commiting to a revision to DS to achieve success. What happened?
I think I stalled and then just lost momentum. I have actually done very good so far this week. Many temptations this week but I have overcome. Have a birthday party for my little girl this weekend. I will be very tempted to sample the cake.

I think I stalled and then just lost momentum. I have actually done very good so far this week. Many temptations this week but I have overcome. Have a birthday party for my little girl this weekend. I will be very tempted to sample the cake.
Have some birthday cake. A thin slice is not the end of the world. Give yourself permission for one "crime" a week. Not a felony, just a misdemeanor. And, don't be deterred by stalls, losing weight after surgery is more like a staircase, with stops and starts, and less like a slide.
Make sure you are drinking enough water to avoid dehydration, and avoid liquid calories especially, because you are not protected from them. Soda, alcohol, and juice cause stalls in my experience. Eat well and often, as long as it is protein and fat. DS means you never have to go hungry!

Which eating recommendations aren't you following?? A nutritionist that tells you to eat lots of fruits and potatoes? Or people here that tell you high protein ?

ME???? Actually I consider the cheese I snack on or the deviled egg I grab as a "meal type snack". I may have to make the deviled eggs but once made, they are there for a couple of days, easy to grab.

I have eaten with you, you eat like a bird. Peck, peck, peck, lol. I eat a MEAL. I am a night-time snacker. No so much during the day. When I sit down to a meal, I eat it. All of it. No sharing!

Latest posts

Back