Nausea post op

There are so many possibilities! Many DSers have problems with milk, whey, fruit, veggies, fat, sugar, flour, and/or artificial ingredients/sweeteners. Magnesium citrate gives me diarrhea although others use it without problems. Also, constipation can come with a diarrhea variety.

I can barf from overeating, going too long without eating and then eating, and too much acid/acid reflux.

Have you tried to go back to the start and do a food sensitivity diet where you eat only one food for a few days, and if okay, add a second food, if okay, add a third food, etc.?

Something you do or eat when working that you dont do while off?

Coffee, different creamer, Starbucks or other?

Could the incessantly upset bowels just be from reconfigured innards? The diarrhea almost always starts with a rumble under my left rib cage where the drain was and where I believe the actual switch is located.

Define diarrhea. Diarrhea is actually water coming out of your ass. Is that what this is? DS poop can be pudding-like in consistency. Greasy oily poop is related to taking in too much fat (this is highly individual in how much is too much). You can generally improve the consistency with diet and the type of supplements taken.

I visited a new wellness center place yesterday, they do all kinds of hippie holistic stuff including hormones. I think my hormones were good for the first 6 months after my DS but have gone awry again the last couple months with poor sleep, headaches around my cycle, etc. The nurse practitioner I met with had pretty lackluster interpersonal skills and bedside manner, but she did order a boatload of tests and the 13 vial blood draw was not as painful as others. They will do some food allergy/intolerance testing, which I’m hoping tells me something illuminating. They also do a lot of IV therapies for bariatric patients and so she seemed pretty up on that topic compared to my PCP. Should have results in 8 days.

I weighed 164.2 this morning, I weighed 260 the morning of my DS, and I weighed 277 at my heaviest weigh in at a doctors office. The DS is pretty amazing.

I had a friend comment last week that I had “reinvented” myself and I hit the roof. I am still very much me. The tone of the conversation was kind of, when you’re heavy it’s okay to be eccentric and whimsical and weird, but when you’re a size 10 and looking good you gotta be classier! Argh, people.

I hope all the testing figures out something.

The tone of the conversation was kind of, when you’re heavy it’s okay to be eccentric and whimsical and weird, but when you’re a size 10 and looking good you gotta be classier!

really? I don't get it.

I had a friend comment last week that I had “reinvented” myself and I hit the roof. I am still very much me. The tone of the conversation was kind of, when you’re heavy it’s okay to be eccentric and whimsical and weird, but when you’re a size 10 and looking good you gotta be classier! Argh, people.
I have friends that now think it's okay to say I'm too thin or I'm trying too hard to lose my last 5 pounds... If it's not okay to talk about my weight and how I look when I'm MO, it's still not okay when my BMI is normal... Why do people think it's okay?

I have friends that now think it's okay to say I'm too thin or I'm trying too hard to lose my last 5 pounds... If it's not okay to talk about my weight and how I look when I'm MO, it's still not okay when my BMI is normal... Why do people think it's okay?
Mostly cause they have no filter. If you are close enough, educate them that it’s not. If not close, just ignore them or stand there looking at them an not respond.

Why do people think it's okay?
I've known people who have always been slender and they get inappropriate comments, too. some people really don't get that our size or shape or what we are eating is just not their business. :angry smile:

I ran into several people this week who hadnt seen me since 2017 and it gets a bit overwhelming with all the comments, positive compliments though they may be. Also this weekend I had a good friend come over and she took pics of me in my unmentionables. I never see the back half of me, although I can surely feel that my backside is,ummm, rearranged? A few inches lower than it used to be? Also my theory on back fat is that it’s genetically designed to make it so that our enemies cannot stab us in the back and penetrate the crucial organs too easily, haha. I rode my exercise bike with some extra resistance today in honor of my lumpy lower half.

I ran into several people this week who hadnt seen me since 2017 and it gets a bit overwhelming with all the comments, positive compliments though they may be.

That happens to me fairly often. It's kinda awkward. In one sense I've worked hard to make this happen, in another, the reason my hard work is doing something other than my traditional "lose 30ish, gain 40" pattern is because of the tool I have now.

Mostly cause they have no filter. If you are close enough, educate them that it’s not. If not close, just ignore them or stand there looking at them an not respond.

:agreed:
THIS! I also do not start or engage in any conversation about food, weight, dieting, or body image. If someone brings it up, I change the subject. If you engage in diet/food/body talk you have to realize that you are participating in the evaluation of someone's body or food choices and inviting comments about yourself as well.

:agreed:
THIS! I also do not start or engage in any conversation about food, weight, dieting, or body image. If someone brings it up, I change the subject. If you engage in diet/food/body talk you have to realize that you are participating in the evaluation of someone's body or food choices and inviting comments about yourself as well.

If they are friends I say "Never ask a fat man about his diet,you will soon be bored beyond belief"... I f they are just acquaintances, I change the subject

It's my business

If they really insist I go into a technical discussion on the relative merits of the body mass index and the fat mass index... all leading up to a joke about why the Navy prefers the Fat mass index (they don't want any pencil neck geeks in their ranks)

My biggest problem is that my very sweet beloved wife talks about everything thing under the sun. Before the weight loss I've had complete strangers come up to me me and ask " How's that left testicle doing... descended all the way yet". Ya know, she a nurse. It's one thing when that question comes from a smelly gym buddy in a locker room, for a guy, it's quite another when it comes from the mouth of a 20 something female nurse trainee. Gotta be the residual sexism I've been struggling with

Last edited:
Happy 10 month surgiversary to me I guess! This week makes 10 months. I am now officially weighing in under 160 which is pretty unbelievable to me. It’s emotional for sure. I weighed 160 at my high school graduation, my grandmother who was always plus size weighed 155 around the time of her death, etc. I think I encountered a hipbone in the shower.

My stomach remains in a bit of upheaval. Those H. pylori creatures and the 3 rounds of meds may have really kicked my ass. For my guts I’m taking daily Protonix, Florajen probiotics, IBGard and Bentyl when needed. A cup of buttermilk daily fixed my thrombosed hemorrhoids. An Ayurvedic Appalachian cure.

I got a new prescription for progesterone and am now told my body is no longer making progesterone or testosterone on its own—which makes me feel like I should’ve done the DS years ago when I first started researching and didn’t have so many health issues. Dr wants to insert a testosterone pellet in my hindparts next visit but I do not like the sound of that :) I have been having estrogen dominance issues for the last decade which I had hoped the DS would correct but I suspect I waited too long.

This Tuesday I’m scheduled for another H Pylori retest and a Celiac test, before I allow the gastro to do a colonoscopy on December 5th. The last 10 days my bowels were wildly unhappy most days and now have settled. I threw up at my desk on Monday, thankfully most coworkers were away.

Latest posts

Back