Nausea post op

Georgepds

:agreed:
THIS! I also do not start or engage in any conversation about food, weight, dieting, or body image. If someone brings it up, I change the subject. If you engage in diet/food/body talk you have to realize that you are participating in the evaluation of someone's body or food choices and inviting comments about yourself as well.

If they are friends I say "Never ask a fat man about his diet,you will soon be bored beyond belief"... I f they are just acquaintances, I change the subject

It's my business

If they really insist I go into a technical discussion on the relative merits of the body mass index and the fat mass index... all leading up to a joke about why the Navy prefers the Fat mass index (they don't want any pencil neck geeks in their ranks)

My biggest problem is that my very sweet beloved wife talks about everything thing under the sun. Before the weight loss I've had complete strangers come up to me me and ask " How's that left testicle doing... descended all the way yet". Ya know, she a nurse. It's one thing when that question comes from a smelly gym buddy in a locker room, for a guy, it's quite another when it comes from the mouth of a 20 something female nurse trainee. Gotta be the residual sexism I've been struggling with

Last edited:

LorettaLynn

Happy 10 month surgiversary to me I guess! This week makes 10 months. I am now officially weighing in under 160 which is pretty unbelievable to me. It’s emotional for sure. I weighed 160 at my high school graduation, my grandmother who was always plus size weighed 155 around the time of her death, etc. I think I encountered a hipbone in the shower.

My stomach remains in a bit of upheaval. Those H. pylori creatures and the 3 rounds of meds may have really kicked my ass. For my guts I’m taking daily Protonix, Florajen probiotics, IBGard and Bentyl when needed. A cup of buttermilk daily fixed my thrombosed hemorrhoids. An Ayurvedic Appalachian cure.

I got a new prescription for progesterone and am now told my body is no longer making progesterone or testosterone on its own—which makes me feel like I should’ve done the DS years ago when I first started researching and didn’t have so many health issues. Dr wants to insert a testosterone pellet in my hindparts next visit but I do not like the sound of that :) I have been having estrogen dominance issues for the last decade which I had hoped the DS would correct but I suspect I waited too long.

LorettaLynn

This Tuesday I’m scheduled for another H Pylori retest and a Celiac test, before I allow the gastro to do a colonoscopy on December 5th. The last 10 days my bowels were wildly unhappy most days and now have settled. I threw up at my desk on Monday, thankfully most coworkers were away.

LorettaLynn

Just to update this thread which has become my de facto journal, I am now diagnosed with EPI and taking pancreatic enzymes with every meal. It’s helped a lot though not yet 100% fixed, but I’m very glad I’ve found a good gastroenterologist.

Friday I wore...size SIX blue jeans to work! (From the thrift store.) Never in my adult or teenaged life have I ever worn a size 6 in anything. I was in a size 24 dress prior to surgery.

LorettaLynn

This week marks my 18 month anniversary and I had a physical with my PCP today. Awww Dr. M. said she’s proud of me! Yay! She saw me at my worst presurgery and during the bad old H Pylori vomiting days. The majority of my lab work came back very nice. I’d like to get my D up from 47 next and my Ferritin remains low even on the 2 Proferrin/day.

Attachments