Nausea post op

My nausea is getting worse and not better. Dr Campos is supposed to call me directly as going through Rossela is not cutting it. I threw up twice in the last 24 hours. Yogurt and then bottled water. I see my PCP Thursday morning and believe she will send me for more testing/scans as that’s what we talked about last time if needed. I’m currently on a Prométhazine that is doing nothing but making me sleepy. I need to stop this nausea and barfing!

Go to the emergency room. You need to be checked for leak and infection as well as what you talked about with your doc. What you are describing is not normal.

I am so scared for you. Please get your ass to the ER now! You are getting completely inadequate medical care for such a serious operation. A nurse and doctor at an IV vitamin/min joint, a chiro, and a PCP do not have a clue about the serious nature of this surgery and possible complications. If I would have listened to my PCP and not gone to ER I would have been dead from sepsis. Stop playing around with this and GO to the ER.

I also agree. Some nausea is common post-op, but by now you should be getting better, not worse. It's time for the ER and a real work-up. Even with good surgeons, complications can and do occur, and failure for the complication to be recognized and treated fast enough is what kills people.

A friend took me to the ER today where I had bloodwork and a CT scan. I have gastritis, too much stomach acid, lots of inflammation and slightly elevated pancreas in the bloodwork. I got a hit of Zofran in my IV. They sent me home with a Protonix and an under the tongue Zofran prescription. I am still very queasy but hopeful. I see my PCP tomorrow.

Interestingly Dr Campos never called me like I requested. I had too much stomach acid prior to the DS and I remember them telling me it would get better with the DS.

So glad you got a real work-up and got at least some answers. If you pancreas is unhappy, it's probably best to stick with a diet that won't stimulate it. Pancreatitis has many causes, including surgery in that area, so when you see your pcp, ask for diet recommendations for pancreatitis. I think you'll feel much better when that problem improves.
And, if it doesn't improve, it's back to the ER for you, because pancreatitis can have serious complications.

I'm glad you were seen and hope this is the beginning of getting it fixed.

:5grouphug: keep us informed, please!

Latest posts

Back