My Stomach hit the Floor

I started to notice My Stomach hit the Floor after lose 300 pounds what are some things I can do help me with the excess skin on my stomach

With all due respect, Spiky Bugger 's question is irrelevant. There is no amount or type of exercise or any lotion, potion, etc that will remedy 300 lbs weight loss worth of excess skin. Plastic surgery is the only way to get rid of that much skin. Just make sure if you go that route that you find someone reputable AND with lots of experience with people who have lost substantial weight.

With all due respect, Spiky Bugger 's question is irrelevant. There is no amount or type of exercise or any lotion, potion, etc that will remedy 300 lbs weight loss worth of excess skin. Plastic surgery is the only way to get rid of that much skin. Just make sure if you go that route that you find someone reputable AND with lots of experience with people who have lost substantial weight.

I was uncharacteristically aiming for breaking it gently.

Yeah, right! Well, some insurers will at least pay for tummy tuck if you can document skin rashes or some other medical concern, but usually not just because X number of lbs of skin hanging down is miserable.

Yeah, right! Well, some insurers will at least pay for tummy tuck if you can document skin rashes or some other medical concern, but usually not just because X number of lbs of skin hanging down is miserable.
Constant intertrigo, maybe even balance issues?

Intertrigo, maybe. Better have really good documentation. I haven't heard of anyone getting insurance coverage based on balance issues. Not saying it's not worth a try, as there is nothing to lose by trying.

Intertrigo, maybe. Better have really good documentation. I haven't heard of anyone getting insurance coverage based on balance issues. Not saying it's not worth a try, as there is nothing to lose by trying.

I got something approved post-op for balance issues. Maybe it was only Physical Therapy. It MAY HAVE BEEN post-panniculectomy or or post-mammaplasty? Yeah. More likely the boobs, huh? I became a fall risk, but my PT lady helped me learn how to stand and walk again.

So, never mind.

In California, if it looks abnormal (subjective), it is supposed to be covered.

“Reconstructive surgery” means surgery performed to correct or repair abnormal structures of the body caused by congenital defects, developmental abnormalities, trauma, infection, tumors, or disease to do either of the following:
(A) To improve function.
(B) To create a normal appearance, to the extent possible.

However, it appears HealthNet (who I won my case against) has rewritten their reconstructive surgery policy to explicitly ATTEMPT to exclude skin removal - but that should not apply to post-bariatric surgery skin removal.

Latest posts

Back