My Non Surgical Weight Loss before Surgery...

So, have you figured out yet that Petrick is NOT a DS surgeon? Are you doing anything to find a REAL DS surgeon who will take your insurance?

Oh well, looks like I may have to trash this scale, I lost another 5 pounds this week, so I'm at *549. Its still 5 pounds lost in a week so I'm not going to complain. As for Dr. Petrick, I have not met him yet. I spoke to my Dietician today for the second appointment and she has given me my green light for surgery, and didn't even blink when I told her I wanted the DS. I also showed her Bariatric Facts Forum, and explained to her why I wanted the DS, as well as explained to her that I understood that I would need to take proper vitamins based on the surgery...she did begin with telling me about taking children's chewable vitamins, so I showed her the Vitalady Website and explained to her that what she is suggesting was not sufficient, she seemed very appreciative to learn about both websites. I also showed her my Hello for the forum, She informed me that she found you to be a very hard woman Dr. Cox ;-)

Last edited:
Hard? Moi? I am soft as mush (especially having devolved into a couch potato of late, for which I have no excuse). I don't want to see you get a crap surgery from a crap surgeon, that's all. You are already at high risk, and you should not be trifled with.

So, did you ask any of the questions about Petrick? Did you explain that NOBODY has heard of him as a DS surgeon?

Make sure when you DO speak to him, that he DRAWS you a picture of what he is going to do to you, so we can scrutinize it - and so you'll have evidence of what you were promised.

Denis, I’m very happy to see shifting your energies and focus on to the DS, the vits and all that stuff, congratulations! It was cool how you were able to call out the so-called “expert”, the NUT and teach her something, great progress!

And yes, Dr. Cox can be a little bit “hard” sometimes....lol, mainly because she is a VERY busy Woman and doesn’t have no BS time to waste (and she knows that shes always right)...and what time she does have, she tries to help people like us, sometimes even in spite of ourselves! I have studied her posts for the better part of a year now and even read her posts from when she was on the other sites and I promise you, she actually really does care and is very sweet! She just doesn’t want anyone to know about the “Sweet” part! ;)..You/we are actually VERY fortunate to have her and all the other Vets here to help us. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t be where I am today with my DS without their help and expertise. I'm hoping that in a year or two or less, you will be well on your way to having that more normal Life you deserve and I hope some day in the future, you will be Man enough to tell her thank you for saving your life. Judging by what Ive seen of your strength, your morale value and your character, I have no doubt that you will.

BTW.... Great job with the weight loss!

Rob

Last edited:
Hard? Moi? I am soft as mush (especially having devolved into a couch potato of late, for which I have no excuse). I don't want to see you get a crap surgery from a crap surgeon, that's all. You are already at high risk, and you should not be trifled with.

So, did you ask any of the questions about Petrick? Did you explain that NOBODY has heard of him as a DS surgeon?

Make sure when you DO speak to him, that he DRAWS you a picture of what he is going to do to you, so we can scrutinize it - and so you'll have evidence of what you were promised.

I have every intention of doing exactly that

Denis, I’m very happy to see shifting your energies and focus on to the DS, the vits and all that stuff, congratulations! It was cool how you were able to call out the so-called “expert”, the NUT and teach her something, great progress!

And yes, Dr. Cox can be a little bit “hard” sometimes....lol, mainly because she is a VERY busy Woman and doesn’t have no BS time to waste (and she knows that shes always right)...and what time she does have, she tries to help people like us, sometimes even in spite of ourselves! I have studied her posts for the better part of a year now and even read her posts from when she was on the other sites and I promise you, she actually really does care and is very sweet! She just doesn’t want anyone to know about the “Sweet” part! ;)..You/we are actually VERY fortunate to have her and all the other Vets here to help us. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t be where I am today with my DS without their help and expertise. I'm hoping that in a year or two or less, you will be well on your way to having that more normal Life you deserve and I hope some day in the future, you will be Man enough to tell her thank you for saving your life. Judging by what Ive seen of your strength, your morale value and your character, I have no doubt that you will.

BTW.... Great job with the weight loss!

Rob

Rob, I'm not sure where you got the idea that I ever called out anyone on their expertise, or tried to tell anyone how anything worked. I have always said even from the beginning that I was simply introducing myself, and explaining what I was doing in my search for weight loss. I never said that what I was doing was for anyone but myself based on my own experiences. I'm pretty sure that I never called Dr. Cox a NUT either. My argument was never with the information provided, and I am obviously appreciative of everything I have learned since I have been here. Personally I liked the conversations and the sudo conflict, for better or worse it was informational for myself and for everyone reading.

Lol....@Denis Korb
Rob was referring to your conversation with the dietician/nutritionist. We shorten that word to nut...much easier to type....pronounced "newt" unless they really are nuts...in which case you might pronounce it as written...haha
He was referring to you telling her that children's chewables were not sufficient for DS'ers.

Last edited:
Lol....@Denis Korb
Rob was referring to your conversation with the dietician/nutritionist. We shorten that word to nut...much easier to type....pronounced "newt" unless there really are nuts...in which case you might pronounce it as written...haha
He was referring to you telling her that children's chewables were not sufficient for DS'ers.

lol my bad, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding :bf:

Last edited:
Okay, sorry I haven't written an update in a bit as my internet was out due to catching up on higher priority bills. That being said, I have lost an additional 7.5 pounds since March 19th and I'm currently @ 543.3. I have joined the YMCA with my family and begun going back to the pool for low impact workouts. Based on my progress the Doctors at the weight center have finally cleared me to move on to the Surgeon. I will meet Dr. Petrick on May 5th where it is my understanding they will want me to move to my full liquid diet, but my surgery will be within 4-6 weeks of May 5th.

Okay everyone, tomorrow is when I meet Dr. Petrick for the first time. I have written down all the questions you wanted me to ask Diana. 12 more hours, and then the clock starts on my final month pre surgery (I was told my surgery should be 4-6 weeks from tomorrow). 8 Months ago I was stuck in my bed with a lower back injury incapable of caring for myself. This week, I went shopping at BJ's and walked around the store for over an hour, I bought a new Dyson and vacuumed my house. I was able to stand up and down 10 times in less then a minuet and I have lost more then 60 pounds. My wife has come home to a relatively clean house all week, and she finally got to rest, do a puzzle and sit outside with me for the first time in more then 2 years. wish me luck, maybe they will do my surgery in 2 weeks instead of 4-6.

Good on you! Now, I want to ask you - what are you going to say to Petrick if he tries to talk you out of the DS? Or talk you into a SADI? Or says he hasn't done very many DSs, but he's confident he can do your surgery? You don't have to answer me - just be prepared for your response.

We look forward to hearing back from you after the appointment.

Latest posts

Back