My New Hand-Held Bidet

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so please move if needed. In anticipation of my surgery, I wanted to install a hand held bidet to make it easier and more sanitary to do # 2. As usual, I overkill everything and research it to death, probably spent at least 6 hours or so trying to determine the best quality one for the best price and I wanted to share what I researched. I settled on this Hayward one and installed it today. It is super well-made and high quality and easy to install. You can mix hot/cold water in a valve that attaches to your sink and just flip the valve when you have the desired temp. It works great! I’ve always wanted one and have always HATED just doing a regular butt wipe. When I’m at home, I always clean afterward anyway, so this is going to rock, and cost about $120. Not the cheapest, but…you get what you pay for usually.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZZ1XUO/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• Bidet.jpg
    Bidet.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 7
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Folks who have them think they are great. Hayward is a big manufacturer of pool equipment so I'm sure it's probably good quality.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so please move if needed. In anticipation of my surgery, I wanted to install a hand held bidet to make it easier and more sanitary to do # 2. As usual, I overkill everything and research it to death, probably spent at least 6 hours or so trying to determine the best quality one for the best price and I wanted to share what I researched. I settled on this Hayward one and installed it today. It is super well-made and high quality and easy to install. You can mix hot/cold water in a valve that attaches to your sink and just flip the valve when you have the desired temp. It works great! I’ve always wanted one and have always HATED just doing a regular butt wipe. When I’m at home, I always clean afterward anyway, so this is going to rock, and cost about $120. Not the cheapest, but…you get what you pay for usually.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZZ1XUO/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looks like the spout on our reverse osmosis water filter!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought about getting one way bavk when @Spiky Bugger said they have them with cold or warm water.

Our handyman thought he was doing us a favor hooking our toilet, and therefore our cold water bidet attachment, up to our hot water.

Mostly, it's okay. The problem is that if you do a "courtesy flush," even with the water-saving toilet we have, you have moved the hot water along just enough to get to the bidet attachment...and cook my *"important parts."

The fix involves knocking a hole in the wall and connecting everything to the cold water line and then patching, and texturizing and painting.

*My mother would have said "cook my possible." She said that's because we are supposed to start at the top and wash down as far as possible, then start at the bottom and wash up as far as possible...but don't forget that, in there someplace, you have to wash your possible.

Our handyman thought he was doing us a favor hooking our toilet, and therefore our cold water bidet attachment, up to our hot water.

Mostly, it's okay. The problem is that if you do a "courtesy flush," even with the water-saving toilet we have, you have moved the hot water along just enough to get to the bidet attachment...and cook my *"important parts."

The fix involves knocking a hole in the wall and connecting everything to the cold water line and then patching, and texturizing and painting.

*My mother would have said "cook my possible." She said that's because we are supposed to start at the top and wash down as far as possible, then start at the bottom and wash up as far as possible...but don't forget that, in there someplace, you have to wash your possible.

Your "possible"??? :D:D:D you are truly a piece of work!! I am a 56 yr old mature man, been around the block many times and I aint never hear "it" referred to as that!!

The mixing valve connects to the sink which is right in front of our downstairs toilet, so you can sit there and do your business and reach the faucet to do the mixing of of hot/cold at the same time. It wouldnt maybe work in a lot of bathrooms, but is perfect for this one. So.....I guess you could say: it really can do the "Impossible"....lol

My husband went for the full monty for me, though he claims he didn't pay anywhere near this price (more like $700):

Features I like:
  • Water temp is adjustable to just what I like, and the first blast is warm, not cold - and it is heated as needed - it never runs out.
  • Spray pulsates and oscillates - very good at quick and thorough cleaning (no poop on the paper, ever)
  • Toilet seat stays warm - just slightly (also adjustable) - I don't want it TOO warm, just right
  • Seat opens automatically, and stays shut, so cats can't get into it
  • Night light!
Features that are pointless:
  • Air dryer - ain't nobody got time for that! So I'm only saving slightly on TP.
  • Ozone-generating deoodoring feature - it MIGHT make a difference for normal poop - I can't imagine it does much for mine.
  • Pre-pooping dampening of the sides of the bowl - might help some, but if I'm having a blowout sticky one, not that much.

My husband went for the full monty for me, though he claims he didn't pay anywhere near this price (more like $700):

Yeah, that's bad ass...so to speak! (pun intended), I checked out that one and also the Brondell Swash 1000, both are really awesome. Where in the heck can your Hubby get that for under $700, they are $800 min everywhere? After our trial period of this week, I will be hard plumbing this one so its connections are under the sink with a temperature set mixing valve, and it will be mostly hidden and temp set. My Wife still wants me to get the one like what you have though, maybe I will next year. The only thing the handheld one will do that yours won't, is you can use it to give yourself an enema....lol...if you so desire!! Not to start picking on that scab again, but, I had seen on another thread a while back that “some people” use it for that also.

Mine will do an enema, as you can adjust width, position and strength of spray. I'm sure Diana's will too, as hers has a few more features than mine (mine lacks ozone generator and night light and disco party mode).

If you are still shopping for one, mine has adjustable heat for both water and seat (this really is a must, cold water line in, and always perfect temp from first spray), adjustable sprays, air dry (agree with Diana - not worth the time) quiet close lid and remote, and it was 299 at costco. That was a few years ago, but I've seen some more full featured inexpensive models on their website since then.

I'm not too susceptible anyway, but I haven't had even one incident of hemorrhoid or fissure since getting this thing.

Latest posts

Back