My Mom

LizJ

Crazy Dog Mom!
So, I've been a bit off track for the last month... My mom has had two additional strokes since the beginning of May. She is currently doing a little better physically, just having memory issues. She doesn't know who I am until I introduce myself and if I leave for a few minutes she'll forget me. It does have a sliver lining-she's being nice to me... So, with working full-time, teaching classes, taking classes, volunteering, and now my mom I'm stretched a bit thin... I've just been a bit overwhelmed. So, I've had a few pounds of regain but I plan on preping this weekend and getting back on track. Plus next week I"m going to my doctor to see about plastics. We are going to see what, if anything my insurance will cover. :rolleyes:

Awww. My step-father and I got along ONLY when he moved into dementia (later confirmed at autopsy to be Alzheimer’s.)

Take care of YOU, including trying to find what caused HER strokes and reducing, if possible, your chance of following in her footsteps. Remember...”If you are traveling with children or the disabled, make sure that your own mask is on first before helping others.”

Stepped on the scale this morning and it wasn't as bad as I feared, 7lb regain. I'm back on track this morning! Meal prep'ed for the week, cleaned out the cabinets and frig of all the bad stuff... actually didn't have that much bad stuff.

Latest posts

Back