More2Adore's Updates

You guys are the best! I was so happy to wake up to all these replies today. :D Hugs all 'round! You're right, @JackieOnLine - can't lose sight of that. Actually I'd lost a little this morning, so - 5.5 pounds more and I will have made it to the 150 pounds lost marker, which will be amazing. That's an entire grown adult, lol.

Also, I decided yesterday to contact an eating disorders clinic here locally that was recommended to me by my therapist when I was still in the US. She said she didn't think I needed it at the moment, but if down the line I ever felt like I needed someone to talk to about my eating that they'd be ideal. I've done really, really well handling the few disordered eating thoughts I've had over the last 16 months I've lived here, but since I just had surgery and things are changing SO rapidly I thought it'd be a really good idea to just get a therapist involved, at least for some "maintenance" appointments to make sure everything stays in line as I wrap my brain around what all this means. :) So I contacted them through their website yesterday - if I don't hear from them in a few days I'll call. Trying really hard to set myself up for success here. Also, I want an actual answer to whether it's okay for me personally to be weighing every day or not. LOL. ;) :D

You guys are the best! I was so happy to wake up to all these replies today. :D Hugs all 'round! You're right, @JackieOnLine - can't lose sight of that. Actually I'd lost a little this morning, so - 5.5 pounds more and I will have made it to the 150 pounds lost marker, which will be amazing. That's an entire grown adult, lol.

Also, I decided yesterday to contact an eating disorders clinic here locally that was recommended to me by my therapist when I was still in the US. She said she didn't think I needed it at the moment, but if down the line I ever felt like I needed someone to talk to about my eating that they'd be ideal. I've done really, really well handling the few disordered eating thoughts I've had over the last 16 months I've lived here, but since I just had surgery and things are changing SO rapidly I thought it'd be a really good idea to just get a therapist involved, at least for some "maintenance" appointments to make sure everything stays in line as I wrap my brain around what all this means. :) So I contacted them through their website yesterday - if I don't hear from them in a few days I'll call. Trying really hard to set myself up for success here. Also, I want an actual answer to whether it's okay for me personally to be weighing every day or not. LOL. ;) :D

Thats a fab idea! I went through one on one CBT for B.E.D. pre op and then did a group thing for B.E.D. about a year post sleeve. I gained during the program (it was triggering to me), but I was able to take a lot from it and apply it once it was over. :) It's all a part of the journey :) Proud of you!

The ED clinic called and actually INTERVIEWED me yesterday, lol. Turns out they have more clients than they can handle, and only want to bring in people if they feel they can truly help them. She talked to me for like 45 minutes (!) and decided they COULD probably help me, so I'm seeing one of the therapists/owners of the practice Monday. Yay!

Just thought you would like to hear this. One of my best friends in Texas had the sleeve done more than a year ago. She was self pay and afraid to go to Mexico for the DS she really needs. She is still paying for her sleeve. She started out close to 500lbs and she is now under 300 and still losing about 6lbs per month. I am so happy for her!

Anyway, her doc was smart enough to realize the sleeve for my friend was like hunting big game with a BB gun. He told her to stick with no/low carb shakes and eat as little as possible to maximize what she can get from the sleeve alone. And it's still working. She knows she will never reach 'normal' without more surgery but she is doing the best she can. Hell, I never reached 'normal' with the whole DS.

She only uses her wheelchair at work now and walks at home. Both her knees need to be replaced from a combination of a childhood accident and being MO most of her adult life. Her plan is to lose as much as possible then get them replaced.

Anyway, just keep your eye on the prize!

I wish I could live up to that - eating very little and mostly getting by on protein shakes. As sick of the shakes as I am already, though, I kind of doubt that's going to be possible for me though. :( I actually started putting unflavored protein powder into sugarfree/fat free pudding the last couple of days as I just couldn't handle another of these awful shakes I have. :(

I wish I could live up to that - eating very little and mostly getting by on protein shakes. As sick of the shakes as I am already, though, I kind of doubt that's going to be possible for me though. :( I actually started putting unflavored protein powder into sugarfree/fat free pudding the last couple of days as I just couldn't handle another of these awful shakes I have. :(

Yup, see! Your taste buds for that shake have changed huh? :sneaky: The protein shake Is by far still the worst part of my whole day!! The way I have come to look at it though is: Having to drink the protein shake every day is just like taking a crap! It’s NOT really enjoyable until its over, AND, it’s something I need to do every single day and look forward to being done with it and feel better afterwards!!! :D

I have learned to mix 60g of protein powder in just SIX oz of water and I can choke it down in 3 drinks. I then flush it through with COLD water and then suck on one of my vitamin C orange flavored tabs to get the horrible after taste out of my mouth. Making it smaller really has helped because you’re not having the torture of drinking 8 or 12 oz.

There is NO way I can eat an extra 60g of protein a day yet, so, I think the shake will be with me for quite a while to come. Im ok with it, is what it is.

The ED clinic called and actually INTERVIEWED me yesterday, lol. Turns out they have more clients than they can handle, and only want to bring in people if they feel they can truly help them. She talked to me for like 45 minutes (!) and decided they COULD probably help me, so I'm seeing one of the therapists/owners of the practice Monday. Yay!

that wonderful!

Just checking in. :) Really like my new therapist. Weight has stalled this week, but whatevs. It'll move again. :)

I decided to expand my WLS-community horizons and have started joining WLS-related FB groups. Which ones are the ones that most of you are in?

Also, I took the plunge and started doing WLS YouTube videos. Scary as hell to show the world my face and tell them my starting weight, but a friend told me it's how she keeps herself accountable, so I thought it might be a good idea.

This was last week's intro video if anyone's interested in seeing my face/hearing what I sound like/watching me totally embarass myself:

And this is my channel if you want to see this week's video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCefPVzCi5FMAjZ6vX3uCvVw

I know this isn't the point but you are freaking adorable! :geek: and why would you be embarrassed? you present (as we say in healthcare!) as smart and confident, what could be better?

ETA hey, I posted to this thread while watching the video - huh! this site is soooo cool!

I belong to several fb groups. Duodenal Switch Patients, Duodenal Switch, OH DS Family, Duodenal Switch People in the US and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I know this isn't the point but you are freaking adorable! :geek: and why would you be embarrassed? you present (as we say in healthcare!) as smart and confident, what could be better?

ETA hey, I posted to this thread while watching the video - huh! this site is soooo cool!

Awww, thank you so much Jackie! That's really sweet. :) Made my day. :)

Latest posts

Back