Mitch Roslin, Lenox Hill Hospital

I actually had planned to see Dr. Roslin for an RNY to DS revision. My appointment was for August 7th. His staff told me he does do revisions all the time, so I booked a hotel (coming in from Boston), plane tickets, everything. Then, after reading more on this forum, decided I would like to speak with him beforehand. They gave me his e-mail, and I explained my situation and attached my operative report. He told me that because I was "undivided" (my pouch was not transected from the stomach, as was common in early RNY procedures), he would not touch me. He said even if I was "divided" he would only revise me to an ERNY. Everything happens for a reason and now with the controversy with the SADI being experimental and people not being advised that is what they are getting instead of a true DS, I see it as a blessing in disguise. I will enjoy a weekend away in NY City regardless, and I am consulting with a another physician from our "vetted" list and see how it goes from there. Needless to say, while I was appreciative Dr. Roslin called me from his car at 8:00 at night to tell me he could not help me, his staff should just advise people he no longer does these kinds of revisions.
Yes, he was bold enough to wait until I took a day off from work, drive ,1 1/2 hours and paid $65 for parking plus his consultation fee to inform me that since I was self pay, he wouldn't tough me. I knew something was wrong from the start. He is not using best practice medicine. One could even day he is being deceitful. Shame on you doctor. Now looking back I feel better knowing that he was hiding the truth, but he put me through several months of emotional turmoil.

@Larra I have a phone consult with Dr. Ayoola on Tuesday night. He has already been very responsive to me via Facebook and his staff have been wonderful. I'm hoping our phone consult goes well and we can move forward from there. If not, back to the "vetted surgeons" list I go! :)
I would love to hear about your experience with Dr. Ayoola. I live in Texas and I will be trying to get a consult with him next week.

Angelina Frazier I'm glad to see you here. You have tagged on to a very old thread, and I would recommend starting a new one with questions about Dr. Ayoola. As long as I'm here, I'll tell you that I have no personal experience with him, but he has an excellent reputation. He trained for the DS with the now deceased Dr. Stewart, who also had a stellar reputation, and took over the practice when Dr. Stewart died a few years ago. He even does RNY to DS revisions, which is the toughest bariatric surgery being done. I hope others will be able to provide you with personal stories.

Angelina Frazier I'm glad to see you here. You have tagged on to a very old thread, and I would recommend starting a new one with questions about Dr. Ayoola. As long as I'm here, I'll tell you that I have no personal experience with him, but he has an excellent reputation. He trained for the DS with the now deceased Dr. Stewart, who also had a stellar reputation, and took over the practice when Dr. Stewart died a few years ago. He even does RNY to DS revisions, which is the toughest bariatric surgery being done. I hope others will be able to provide you with personal stories.
Thanks so much for the information. I am checking into getting an appointment with him.

Latest posts

Back