Milk Intolerance?

MyNewLife

Roast Beef for dinner (shhhhh)
Ok. I had a hard weekend. My daughter wanted pizza and I had a case of the sads. I ate two pieces of philly cheesesteak pizza on Thursday night. Friday, I went to a mexican food restaurant and ordered a meal with chicken, shrimp and fake crab. What I didn't notice is that is was covered with white cheese sauce and when it got there, I did my best to scrape off the cheese but ate it anyway.

I have not had excess gas, dhr or any cramping.

WTH????

Can stress remove a bad reaction? Is it possible I've been wrong about dairy? Could it be I can have white cheese? How do I start with this to figure it out. I'm totally befuddled but have a glimmer of hope on the cheese front.

Any help, please..

You probably need to just start doing trial and error. Eat only things that you know don't bother you and try a different dairy product every other afternoon or evening (whenever it'll cause the least discomfort when you're out and about?) and keep a journal of how you react. Also remember that things change for everyone.

It's also possible that avoidance helped with the reaction.

Okay, I am allergic to alcohol...any kind, beer wine, hard liquor, you name it. BUT after avoiding it since 1999, I accidentally had a couple of sips about 6 years ago. Normally ONE sip is enough to set me off...but with over a decade of avoiding it, my system didn't react. I haven't had any since...just easier to keep avoiding it.

Milk...I AM intolerant of pasteurized drinking milk and ice cream...but cheese, yogurt, etc are okay.

I'm guardedly thrilled at the idea I might be able to have even a little bit of dairy. I would kill for cottage cheese, I love the stuff but that is probably a pipe dream.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back