Met a Long-Term Successful Bandster

There are a few long term bandsters. Very few. And I think anyone that far out has to realize that luck has been on their side, and wonder how much longer that luck will last. However................I have to say that if was honest about a chicken breast being 10 meals for him that he is way to tight and I would assume that there is some serious GERD and esophageal damage.

Believe me he didn't consider his life successful. He just wasn't fat any more. He was happy to be of normal size and relatively healthy. He knows he dodged a bullet and probably will live much longer not carrying around 200 extra lbs.

However, if he had it to do over again, he would have had a different procedure. He feels like he can no longer fully participate in life and society because he is so limited in his food choices. He still mourns not being able to take a date out to dinner or go to social occasions that involve food. Eating for him is a very solitary process because he often still throws up.

Believe me he didn't consider his life successful. He just wasn't fat any more. He was happy to be of normal size and relatively healthy. He knows he dodged a bullet and probably will live much longer not carrying around 200 extra lbs.

However, if he had it to do over again, he would have had a different procedure. He feels like he can no longer fully participate in life and society because he is so limited in his food choices. He still mourns not being able to take a date out to dinner or go to social occasions that involve food. Eating for him is a very solitary process because he often still throws up.

We all must do our part Munchkin to help educate folks re: DS and against that ghastly lap band procedure, as I know you know. I'm very happy he's lost weight and is healthy, but man alive is he a rarity! And I'm sad he is in permanent "suffer mode" to maintain his weight. :(

Latest posts

Back