looking for info

Need to talk to Diana Cox
Good morning. What's up?
Hi Diana, im just looking for info, my friends sister is looking to have gastric bypass, I had told her about lap band, know someone who had that and then another procedure, but dont remeber what . I wanted t out her in touch with a scheduler, or Coordinator I believe is what they are called. Recommendations?

Thank you

I still don't understand. I'm not a scheduler, I'm a DS advocate. My only comment would be to RUN AWAY from both gastric bypass and Crapband. I would ONLY send someone to a surgeon who does the DS and is an advocate of the DS as being the best surgery for most people (there are some who can't handle the requirements or for whom it is contraindicated medically, but for most, it is the best procedure).

Are you talking about someone in a physician's office who works with patients and insurance companies to get WLS approved and scheduled? First she needs to decide which surgery is best suited to her conditions and ability to comply with post-op requirements. This is usually accomplished by months of research, both scientific and anecdotal. Then she has to see a qualified surgeon to discuss her options.

You'll find that this site advocates mostly for the duodenal switch. Yes, it is a bias pure and simple. The advice she gets from her surgeon is not always in the patient's best interest, but rather which surgery will benefit the surgeon.

That is why I chose you to get info from. I had a friend die from complications of gastric bypass, she was 43 and ready to go home....then died. Every person I know with gp has gained back their weight back and then some.

I will show her this and hopefully change her mind. Thank you so much Diana!

Do NOT get me started on the lapband!! Freaking procedure would be banned if money didn't totally drive our political/legal systems. I am personally aware of 7 people on my job who ALL....(100%!!) failed with the crapband. 4 needed emergency surgeries for removal after severe stomach erosion , and the others left them in place but stopped getting the fillings (at $200 a pop by the way) because they were so sick. ALL of these poor folks are fat except for 1 woman who converted to a sleeve and lost great. I'm a HUGE proponent of the sleeve for light weights needing to lose 60lbs or less and with a smaller BMI, and a HUGE preoponant of the DS for heavier folks needing a stronger procedure. The DS is also seriously being talked about for THIN folks with unstable diabetes because it's an instant cure! They haven't figured it all out yet...but they know it works. Anyhoo , it's sure good of you to help your friend. Coordinators are usually for medical tourism and you should scrutinize them and their doctors VERY carefully. I had my procedure in Mexico with the estimable Dr. Alberto Aceves (deceased now) so I am not against travelling if you must. But those 'coordinators' are akin to used car sales people. Take what they say with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence!
:welcome:

Do NOT get me started on the lapband!! Freaking procedure would be banned if money didn't totally drive our political/legal systems. I am personally aware of 7 people on my job who ALL....(100%!!) failed with the crapband. 4 needed emergency surgeries for removal after severe stomach erosion , and the others left them in place but stopped getting the fillings (at $200 a pop by the way) because they were so sick. ALL of these poor folks are fat except for 1 woman who converted to a sleeve and lost great. I'm a HUGE proponent of the sleeve for light weights needing to lose 60lbs or less and with a smaller BMI, and a HUGE preoponant of the DS for heavier folks needing a stronger procedure. The DS is also seriously being talked about for THIN folks with unstable diabetes because it's an instant cure! They haven't figured it all out yet...but they know it works. Anyhoo , it's sure good of you to help your friend. Coordinators are usually for medical tourism and you should scrutinize them and their doctors VERY carefully. I had my procedure in Mexico with the estimable Dr. Alberto Aceves (deceased now) so I am not against travelling if you must. But those 'coordinators' are akin to used car sales people. Take what they say with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence!
:welcome:
Thank you Will 2014. Like I said earlier I had a friend die from complications of gb....sscares the crap out of me....bbut ultimately its her decision, however I am not above throwing myself front of hr car if she decides to go gb.

How nice to have a good friend like you, your friend is very fortunate ;)!

Latest posts

Back